The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Wheel Nut Size?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'll be getting the car out of storage in February and beginning the old MOT ritual. Part of that is replacing the hand-brake cables, so off come the rear tyres.

Unfortunately since my move to Scotland I've not got access to all the tools I had previously, so I'm wondering if someone can advise on what size socket I need to remove the wheel nuts? I've searched online but can't find a clear answer.
A 19mm or a 3/4 will fit the wheel nuts. (I'm surprised you don't already have a full set of sockets in a tool set already though!?)
Unfortunately my previous flat-mate used some of my tools without permission, and I've found a few things missing after moving (likely rolling around in the boot of his car!).

The one complete set I still have I know is too small for the DeLorean wheels, so Since I'm looking at buying some replacements, I wanted to make sure I got the right size to top-up the gaps in the larger set.
Sorry for double post, but I realized I forgot to say thanks! Cheers Rissy Smile
Im pretty sure the standard tyre wrench, with its extending handle from Wilko's fits perfectly. ( but might be worth checking before you fork out your £5 or £6.)