The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: New user just saying 'Hi'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have just joined up on here and want to say hi. My brother is a Delorean owner (Phil Emsley). I think he's well known on here.

My occupation is an aircraft fitter and I have an interest in cars, classics and otherwise. I am currently restoring a car as a project (Opel Manta Coupe, nothing special but I've owned it about 8 years). I have recently started manufacturing parts for my project and I am starting to make a few bits and pieces in conjunction with my brother for Deloreans. So hopefully over the coming weeks and months there will be some parts of mine for sale on here.

I have a few parts already produced ready to sell and others in planning/prototype stages. Stainless steel items include:

Decat pipes (2 already made & fitted, more to follow)
Rear facia brackets
Throttle spool covers
Louvre reinforcers
Headlight gap fillers

Any suggestions & ideas for custom parts are welcome.
Hello,

paul151 Wrote:Any suggestions & ideas for custom parts are welcome.

The stainless front rock screens were quite popular; all vendors are now sold out of them and Chris N says he isn't making any more.
Hi Paul, and welcome.

Defo interested in louvre reinforcers...

Other things I would be interested in are...

Stainless Rock Guards ( As Starglider Mentioned )

Stainless Coil Cover ( Available from DMC Europe but way overpriced )

Stainless rear window finisher ( Also available from DMC Europe but overpriced )
(I would be happy to send my original to you try to replicate it providing it is returned in the same condition )

If you need part numbers and pictures to relate to these items then let me know!

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Other things I would be interested in are...

Stainless Coil Cover ( Available from DMC Europe but way overpriced )

I have a spare one of these if you're interested, was originally going to use it but changed the engine bay layout.
Hey buddy... What was you looking for it?
It's in a crate in the Netherlands at the moment, I'll PM you once I've retrieved it.
Hi Paul, welcome on board, and well done on getting the ball rolling on these products!

A lot of reporduction stuff feels that it has to have 'DMC' plastered all over it - I see you have resisted the temptation with the throttle covers which is a great credit! Nice work!
Hi Paul, welcome to the Club Smile

Your brother's car is a stunner - and I'm looking forward to seeing his LC when he's finished it too Smile
What about these? Ed seems to be out of stock of his re-made S/Steel ones DMCH dont have any either:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:What about these? Ed seems to be out of stock of his re-made S/Steel ones DMCH dont have any either:
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Chris
I'm actually making a set of those for my brother. Will there be much market for those?
Quote:Will there be much market for those
Not sure to be honest, I will take a set though from you, and as DMCH and Ed have sold out then I guess there is a market for them
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Will there be much market for those
Not sure to be honest, I will take a set though from you, and as DMCH and Ed have sold out then I guess there is a market for them
Chris
Ok, I'll make 2 sets for now. One for my brother and one for you. Then I'll just advertise them and make them to order. I'll try and get them done this weekend. Cheers
Bumpers and fascias :wink:
[quoteBumpers and fascias :wink:][/quote]
Already in pre-production in the UK, though if I have been informed correctly DMCH is frowning upon this good work
Chris Williams Wrote:[quoteBumpers and fascias :wink:]
Already in pre-production in the UK, though if I have been informed correctly DMCH is frowning upon this good work[/quote]

That's awesome news Chris! I had no idea. Why on earth would ANYONE frown upon those bits in stainless?! It's very clear that would have been the idea back when they were built, but I suspect was too much cost and time, especially for the rear bumper with the tight curves around the lights!
Pages: 1 2