The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Ol' Stainless goes camping
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's that time of year when other classics are going into hibernation my car goes roughing it camping in North Wales-we had a great weekend of camping in the Snowdonia area last weekend the DeLorean was fully loaded with camping gear (and a BBQ )and a good time was had.
It never missed a beat in torrential rain on the A55 on the way there at nighttime, and we were rewarded with sunshine on the Saturday, it still makes me laugh when cars slow down to have a look and passengers hang out windows with mobile phones to take pictures!
Funniest thing was driving through a village on the Friday night, all the townsfolk were carol singing in the square stopping to look as the car sneaked slowly around them looking for the road to Betswy Coed........... :lol:
Lookin' good! Smile

That front suspension is awesome 8)
lovely scenery Brian, tis a nice part of the world up there Smile
The place is called Llyn Gwynant, Claire,and is at the bottom of the Snowdon mountain range with access to the Mount Snowdon car park only 10 minutes drive away ( you can walk up the valley to it in around an hour!).
The suspension is standard springs Luke, but had lowering clamps front and rear to make it even lower- I cut them off and it didn't rise much at all but I like the height, roofs 42" high, and the wheels don't foul the arches surprisingly-and the car was empty of gear......... :lol:
Ps, they filmed scenes for Tomb Raider 2 here, and it's one of only a few campsites that allow fires