The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLoreans wanted for 'For the Love of Cars' TV Show CH4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Only one broke down?
Strictly no :wink: the 'restored car' broke down on the track day in December (starter motor failed) and we were push starting it! Though I very much doubt if this is shown.
Chris

Lol, I knew it! Smile

They provide good man time in the garage though! 8)
I personally believe the later the DeLorean episode is shown all the better as the series clip that keeps doing the rounds will mean more people tuning in to watch the show. This will mean by the last few of the six there may well be many more viewers and more exposure for all the marques involved.

I'm loving the series so far and I'm really liking the banter the presenters have with each other and the various car clubs.
Quote:Chris Williams wrote:
Quote:

Only one broke down?

Strictly no :wink: the 'restored car' broke down on the track day in December (starter motor failed) and we were push starting it! Though I very much doubt if this is shown.
Chris

Lol, I knew it! Smile

They provide good man time in the garage though! 8)
Goes to show yet another of those times when a brand new or reconditioned part fails very quickly (as was the case hear)
Chris
Due to air 25th May 2014 at 8pm
25th means that they've saved the best until last.
It's the original Mini tonight and then some old MG for the penultimate episode.
Quote:25th means that they've saved the best until last.
Indeed! Big Grin I spoke to the researcher the other day (he was after some pictures) and chatting to him I was amazed to find out that they run so close on time on these to the point they are still editing each episode in the week prior to broadcast! It may be the norm but I thought it would be done a lot sooner than this. Anyway the delay is down to getting permission to use archive footage. Other than any bit I may be in I'm really looking forward to it. I hope it shows the car in a good light.
Chris
I'll be recording it as I'll be in France when its on.
I wonder if the DeLorean episode will be short changed?
Reason... if it is only an hour like the others and they will feature the auctioning off of all six cars in the final episode that means less time allocated to the DeLorean renovation... :?
Quote:I wonder if the DeLorean episode will be short changed?
Reason... if it is only an hour like the others and they will feature the auctioning off of all six cars in the final episode that means less time allocated to the DeLorean renovation... :?
I think there is a 7th episode just for the auction... Does surprise me how little footage of the track driving Etc they are using though.
Chris
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m006bQ6Am4&feature=youtu.be&a[/youtube]
The Delorean will be on Sunday Brunch channel 4 this morning
Chris Hawes Wrote:I wonder if the DeLorean episode will be short changed?

I have found with all the episodes so far, there is very little on the actual renovation anyway.

Most of the time it's about the club's, and last week's MG TC was a lesson on rechroming, wheel respoking, and 50% of the show trying to get the other guy to "Like the car"

It's still an interesting watch though, but I bet most of tonight's show will grate on us if the information is inaccurate.

And some of it will be!

I'd rather watch 10 minutes of auction footage spilled into the delorean episode than another 10 minutes of lies!,

We will see!,
Quote:The Delorean will be on Sunday Brunch channel 4 this morning
Anything exiting? I was at work myself!
Chris
RHD pulled out of a garage for £23K...

And I stand no chance of finding a feasible project in the UK for £13K TO £20K...

Still, the show cannot be worse than that Channel 5 dreck, quite enjoying it so far!
Where the bloody hell did that John Lawson Haynes cutaway of the front angle come from!? You saw him unravel it on the bonnet of the D breifly. I MUST HAVE IT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10