The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: wanted: fuel pump and boot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
allreet. anyone got a used fuel pump and boot? worth a try i guess, before i buy new Big Grin
Hi Rob

Yes, I do.

The fuel pump is working but very rough. Was getting a bit noisy in hot weather but otherwise very functional. Leaking boot meant that the top (and the connections are very corroded but not beyond use (tho nearly) ). The boot I took off was utterly knanckered. Very squidy and not worth keeping.

However I have another boot which I bought new, but it has a very small split in it where the hard return line passes thru. I bought another Sad

But am tight, so I kept both of these!

Are you in a hurry?? I ask as my car is in Glasgow (just MOT'd) but I am in london. I will be going up in the next month (or so...) if you can hold on.

andy
hi andy, i'm in no serious rush, what sorta price do you want? and do you have paypal?

cheers

Rob
nice one Andy, great you can help Rob out with his resto Smile
yup yup indeed Smile my fuel boot has disintergrated into the tank, then the bits have stuck to everything and gone rock hard :S due to the 20yr old fuel :S
**sucks thru teeth**

These DeLorean parts are expensive you know! Can't get em no more, see?? :?

PM'd

a
I think you will find acetone will clean most stuff out....but of course its very flammable,.

Dave H in Manchester will have a new tank, and so have I, but you'd have to collect it.
thanks for the advice chris, i didnt think of acetone. i have some, i'll give it a try tomorrow Smile yey