The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Time Machine on ebay..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Came across this today on ebay,and i didn't realise there was a time machine in in Hull..!!!! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DeLorean-Back ... 1074134748
bozzzy built it. it's quite possibly the most accurate replica in the UK.
MikeWard Wrote:bozzzy built it. it's quite possibly the most accurate replica in the UK.
Careful what you say Mr Ward...LOL :wink:
lol, IIRC, this one has had all the prop stuff bolted or screwed into the stainless panels from
what I've heard.

I think that's taking 'authenticity' too far, if you ever wanted to put the car back to standard
it would need a lot of attention from Mr Nicholson.....
Guinney1971 Wrote:lol, IIRC, this one has had all the prop stuff bolted or screwed into the stainless panels from what I've heard.
It has indeed, it's an accurate replica.

There was a lengthy discussion on converting replica's back to stock over on DMC talk, when you have a replica worth say 50k, to go through the time and effort involved in converting back to stock to have at best a car worth 25k, there doesn't seem to be any logic in doing it.

malcy34 Wrote:
MikeWard Wrote:bozzzy built it. it's quite possibly the most accurate replica in the UK.
Smile I was careful, that's why I didn't say it was 'official', just the most accurate Wink
Mmmm difficult one really, whilst I can understand wanting something to be screen accurate to go to the point of nailing/screwing/riveting bits on the panels seems a bit OTT to me. However if thats what floats your boat then so be it. My thought is that ANY BTTF replica (and there are a lot of good ones now) will attract a huge amount of attention anyway, but 99.9999% of people would not know a 100% perfect replica from a 60% perfect replica, but as I say if that's what floats your boat.....The other thing is that there are SO many replicas now and more being built does it not de-value them some what?
Chris
If you cant afford the car (or can and want both) heres the pinball machine to go with it Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Back-to-the-F ... 503wt_1328
Chris
bttf car Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:If you cant afford the car (or can and want both) heres the pinball machine to go with it Smile
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Back-to-the-F ... 503wt_1328
Chris
could never play pinball and not much renatl value in that Smile

I agree, life as a BTTF fan wouldn't be worth living if you couldn't hire props out for charity.
malcy34 Wrote:

:lol: MINE is the most official one as Bob Gale once signed it when he was very drunk. I then went back in time and I sneakily replaced it with the A car. A butthead then used another fan made time machine to go back again and put it on the Orange-Ray edition. The time line skewed, resulting in well known high capacity optical media being renamed. *Gasp* Great Scott! Shock
loving the pinball machine Smile i'm a bit of an arcade machine nerd Smile i had to sell all but one of my arcade machines to pay for my wedding last year. Sad

....... at least she let me buy a delorean Mr Green
I put mine on my credit card in 2002 - but then it was only £2865 Wink

I agree with Chris in a way, with so many BTTF replicas being made, not only here, but in the
US and around the world, will the limited market for BTTF replicas get a bit saturated?

On a personal level, I couldnt hack living with a BTTF replica, the standard version gets enough
attention for me, and I'd probably be too embarrassed to take it out and drive it normally, something
I dont get when driving my 'normal' one.

I also find it hard to believe that BTTF replicas, no matter who built them, or the provenance
behind them (if any, depending on the car), is worth more then an original RHD. The original
film cars, of which I believe 3 survive, are worth a lot of money, but all the rest are imitations
of the originals.

Horses for courses though, and if driving round a movie replica floats your boat, then so be it,
but it wouldnt be for me - and thats regardless of whether its a DeLorean, '69 Dodge Charger in
Orange, etc Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:I put mine on my credit card in 2002 - but then it was only £2865 Wink

I agree with Chris in a way, with so many BTTF replicas being made, not only here, but in the
US and around the world, will the limited market for BTTF replicas get a bit saturated?

On a personal level, I couldnt hack living with a BTTF replica, the standard version gets enough
attention for me, and I'd probably be too embarrassed to take it out and drive it normally, something
I dont get when driving my 'normal' one.

I also find it hard to believe that BTTF replicas, no matter who built them, or the provenance
behind them (if any, depending on the car), is worth more then an original RHD. The original
film cars, of which I believe 3 survive, are worth a lot of money, but all the rest are imitations
of the originals.

Horses for courses though, and if driving round a movie replica floats your boat, then so be it,
but it wouldnt be for me - and thats regardless of whether its a DeLorean, '69 Dodge Charger in
Orange, etc Smile

I kind of agree, but at the same time, it depends on the level of not only screen accurate details, but crowd pleasing features that add value. Brians car for example, by his own admittance isn't as accurate as some of the later versions, but he more than compensates with some great eye catching features and music that can be played from the car to get the crowds going. He's also a top bloke, I've spoken to him a few times now on the phone and at an NEC show. 99% of people aren't going to even notice the uber geeky details anyway.

The rear bulkhead removal is a moronic idea not only on a car in the UK, but the US too. It would be horrid to drive and would leak badly. Video Butthead is always banging on about screen accuracy (and still doesn't get that right..), but then with his latest conversion actually says "screen accurate isn't always better" a few mins into his video :roll: That guy must be a relative of another 'fellow' time machine owner :wink:

I see what you mean Claire. Sometimes when I'm in a petrol station, you want to just fill up and go and it ends up being an hours conversation with a string of people coming over. Great most of the time to see the smiles, but there's been just a small number of times I've just closed the door and moved on. I don't see that there would be too much difference between a BTTF Delorean or a stock Delorean to be honest.

Mike (a lad local to me and DOC member) has recently bought a stock one, and it's fantastic! I LOVE the rear end of a stock D with the slated grill, and if I could afford to own both, I would, but I made my choice and I certainly don't regret it. The value will always be reflected on the condition of the base car also, of which Bruce said this was the best conditioned one he had converted overall.

I think regardless of BTTF, the Delorean was ALWAYS going to be an amazing car to behold, and would have a lot of interest. It's hard to deny that the films did massively help it being recognised by your average person walking/driving by though.
oh totally agree Luke, and guys like you and Steven who made the decision to buy a replica
and import it (Brian's was standard, he did it himself), have my utmost respect, and I know
you all do a great job raising money for charity and also making people's day when you turn
up somewhere in the car or even just go down the pub in it - but being a sudden mini-tourist
attraction when you go to the petrol station/shops is something we all have to live with, be it
in a BTTF replica or a standard car, goes with the territory as they say :wink:

One thing I bet you dont get asked, that I always do is "where's the flux capacitor" :lol: :lol:
As the owner of the first BTTF replica in the UK i can tell you a couple of things I noted over the years.

1) most folk don't really look at the car underneath...manual/Auto...grey or black, good/poor condition, it makes little difference except to an anorak ( like most of us)

2) They attract attention like NOTHING else on the road!.....and I mean more than ANYTHING!

3) mine changed from being a hobby, into a business almost over night and I didn't want another business...I already had one. But its difficult to resist if someone offers you £2000 to lend it to a supermarket in Scotland for a week! Thats why I sold mine. ( but this was in the days when there were no others around I expect rates have come down since) . Deloreans to me have always been a hobby, never been a business.

4) most folk have no eye for detail.....its just an overall impression that they get and enjoy.

They are the most "extreme thing" to drive around, ill never forget my early morning drive back from Basildon back to Derby! All the truckers and commuters with their eyes popping out!
Probably the only instance where drilling holes into a classic car actually increases it's value! Mr Green
Pages: 1 2