The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Isle of Wight Show, Saturday 14th & Sunday 15th September
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For anyone interested, this is a huge show set over 2 days at different locations on the Isle of Wight.

Entry is FREE and Ferries across from Portsmouth or Lymington are FREE by prior arrangement but you must arrange a place with the orgainser as soon as possible.

I will be attending this, driving over on the Friday and returning on the Monday. The free ferries are flexible and you can arrange your crossing over anytime from the tuesday prior (If you fancy making a week of it) and return can be as late as the Thursday after the weekend. Once arranged your free ferry passes will be at your required departure port.

This is also open to any other classic car so its not restricted to just bringing your DeLorean.

The Organiser Victor Gallucci originally gave me an invite when I was at the NEC last november and when I called him today, he said he'd love 4 DeLoreans to attend.

I am sceptical that this will happen but if anybody is interested then let me know and I will forward you Victor's number.

Mr P
I did this event back in 2003 - actually it was RichH's 'DeLorean Baptism of Fire' as I'd
just had a knee operation and couldn't drive, so RichH drove my car to the IOW for me Smile

Its a nice event, and you'll have a good time. I wonder if Darren C would be interested
in attending, along with Tony Lawther and maybe BTTF Brian? They are all based on the
South Coast, so would be localish event for them.
We have also a new member with a car who's just finished the restoration of it who lives on the IOW so hopefully he will see this as well.
Chris
Hi, I'm the island native with a Delorean - would I need some sort of show insurance to attend this? The exterior of my car looks nice but the interior is far from concours Smile I might feel a bit shown up by the other example(s) there :p

I suppose I should contact the organisers and ask them what I need to do
nope, no special insurance needed, just your normal insurance for driving on a public road Smile
Hi James.

No need to worry about competition from me as I'm taking my Fiesta XR2 instead.

I was banking on you coming though as the organizer is expecting me to bring mine.

There are several reasons I have opted to take my Fiesta over the DeLorean...

1) It's cheaper
2) The way we are travelling is mainly B roads so the XR will be less stressfull
3) Still not done my split CV boot yet
4) Not used it enough since my fuelling issue and aircon rebuild to be able to trust it on a long journey. Any issues would spoil my weekend and it's a long way on the back of a recovery truck!

My fiesta is obviously my second choice but with everything going on right now including a new baby on the way in January and the purchase of a new motorcycle (yes my priorities are still up the swanee!) , the poor DeLorean will have to wait a while longer!

Hope to see you over there James, I will come and introduce myself should I see you. And if you are unsure if you can get in, give me a pm and I will message you my number to arrange you coming in with us.

Cheers

Mr P