The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: KnightCon 2013 : 7th September : West Yorkshire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Knight Rider, screen cars and "heroes" (i.e. every possible combinaton of fancy dress related to a film/TV show).

The VIP evening with a chance to meet the guests is Friday 6th August, with the main event on Saturday 7th September.

The event will be at:

Xscape
Colorado Way, Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 4TA
http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/

The Premier Inn which is just across the car park was where most overnight attendees stayed, reduced KnightCon rates TBC.

JohnC
we can't go this year, as we'll be on holiday.
Woohoo!! They've moved the date back a week which means I can go Mr Green

Definitely put me down for this one John. It was a great event last time I went.
OOOOhhhhh. I might go to this (without LEX Sad ) ...and then continue northwards to Edinburgh for a wee break, and get LEX M.O.T'd. I might even be able to get my mate Kev onboard for this one too (He LOVES Knight Rider!) ...I'll get back to you all. :wink:
I will be there, although I have a trotters van as well so still debating which to take Big Grin
Just to update. That's me and my mate Kev booked into the nearest Premier Inn for this event. Postcode of XScape and Premier Inn: WF104TA

I was in the middle of booking a room when someone wiffle-snaffled it out from under my nose and I had to start again. This might be a sign that this Premier is starting to fill up, so all that are intending on going, best not forget and leave it too long... The next closest is 3 miles away when this one is fully booked out.

I take it there is no actual cost for the even itself? No prior booking or payment required? Just turn up on the day(s)?
Rissy.

Head across to the knight Rider forum, for the full info.... http://knightrideruk.forum.st/f1-general-discussion but in a nutshell the event has grown and grown.

They usually have a few guests from the show, April, RC3 and KITT/BTTF designer Micheal Shaffe are the usual regulars. The year before last the Hoff turned up himself...

It's turned into a general sci-fi/come dressed up in your fave superhero/TV/film character event.

However, last year, and I assume this year the guest talks are now by paid-for 'platinum' pass only, otherwise no-one can hear and you get hundreds of people crushed.

The passes also get you an invite to the meet-and-greet the night before at one of the local pubs where the guest come and mingle.... autographs if you want one/more are extra, and be prepared to queue (so a proper sci-fi convention then :roll: )

JohnC
JohnC Wrote:Rissy.

Head across to the knight Rider forum, for the full info.... http://knightrideruk.forum.st/f1-general-discussion but in a nutshell the event has grown and grown.

They usually have a few guests from the show, April, RC3 and KITT/BTTF designer Micheal Shaffe are the usual regulars. The year before last the Hoff turned up himself...

It's turned into a general sci-fi/come dressed up in your fave superhero/TV/film character event.

However, last year, and I assume this year the guest talks are now by paid-for 'platinum' pass only, otherwise no-one can hear and you get hundreds of people crushed.

The passes also get you an invite to the meet-and-greet the night before at one of the local pubs where the guest come and mingle.... autographs if you want one/more are extra, and be prepared to queue (so a proper sci-fi convention then :roll: )

JohnC

OK, cheers. I'll look into these Platinum passes, and discuss it with Kev and see how he feels. I guess i'll need to find out the cost first before mentioning it to him (link wont work from the office)

So, who else is going to this?

Rissy (Me)
Rissy's mate "Kev"
Hutchy?
John C?
Mike - DeLoreanYorkshire?
Can we have a quick count up on the number of DeLoreans attending the event please....

I count 4 so far?

JohnC
No Lexi baby going this year, but Kev (my mate) and myself are booked into the Premier across the road, and we have Platinum tickets for the extra bells and whistles too. I think i'll be arriving at the Premier around 8pm or so. First thing will be to go for some dinner with Kev. If you, or anyone else for that matter, are going to be there on the Friday, and looking for some dinner company etc, then let me know, and i'll give you my mobile number (unless you're one of those special few who already have it (and not thrown it in the bucket again - not looking at anyone in particular RICHARD H!!) :wink: ) and we can get in touch on the Friday night, or before.
I will be there in the delorean Big Grin
Ok, so 3 DeLoreans.

I've done the platinum pass a couple of times, which as a huge KR fan was well worth it.. this year I'm struggling to get the time off work so I'm going to miss the Friday night activities and will probably simply arrive on the day.

Suddenly early afternoon when all the KR people disappear for the talks it goes very quiet :-( But the organisers last year had arranged railings to protect the cars.

Be warned, if you are a KR fan all the gleaming KITTs might yet make you want a second classic...

JohnC
I'm intending to come up with Rich H (Richh) Smile

See you there Rissy... mahahaha!
trainmad Wrote:I'm intending to come up with Rich H (Richh) Smile

See you there Rissy... mahahaha!

I'm very ill right now. I have been suffering from Labrynthitis for over a week now. Have been to the hospital and the Doctors in the last week. I can only hope i'm well enough to go on Friday now, although it's still questionable whether I should be going, and doing all the driving necessary. I'm writing this from my bed, off work, and only now can I see semi-straight enough to concentrate on the laptop screen for a few minutes at a time. I've still to speak to kevin (my mate) to see if he's still interested in going without me (if I cannot go), since he's paid up for it all. If he goes on his own, i'd appreciate if you guys could befriend him for the weekend, so he's not left on his own (if he still wants to go without me). I'll keep you all in the loop, and advise one way or the other what my plans are. Pretty depressed that my ONLY show of the year (other than the club meet of course) may be ruined, as well as all my other holiday plans for next week... Sad
Note from the over eager organisers, they would like the cars arranged as early as possible on Saturday please

Last year they were up and about lining up from 06:30...... and therefore errecting suitable security barriers shortly afterwards.

Realistically they need to have the cars parked ~08:30 to meet health and safety as it's a busy public area.

"Official" start time for the public is 10:00 but its a shopping centre and there were hundreds of people well before that last year.

It means a very early start for me as the M62 has lengthy stretches of speed cameras, so if you get there before me make sure you leave a sutiable DeLorean size gap please.

Rissy, if you can't make it, I'm sure your friend will still have a great day...
Pages: 1 2