The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Project DeLorean's on Ebay US.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Needs work (lots) but in a dry state (Florida): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 3f24b4f835

Also a Red one with what looks like a turbo on it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 4ac41a9b9b

Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:Needs work (lots) but in a dry state (Florida): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 3f24b4f835
Shock Holy crap!
I've seen that red one on craiglist for $8k and $10k. I'm not sure if someone bought it at $8k and is just trying to flip it at $11k.

It does look like a BAE Turbo on it, but neither ad has ever mentioned it.
hi yes that is a bae

i have got a amnual for it somewhere...mine i sold to Chris N.

that project car...i would like it.....but not yet done kitchen so mrs would not be happy!. (kids would love it though).

he could do with a couple of frame pics.

good thing for us low price=low import duty.

ro/ro would be out of the question though for that sort of car, my 1/2 container cost about £1200, but car did roll!
import duty is 5% on deloreans, as they are over 30 years old......
VAT is 5%.

Import duty is waived if you ask Chris to send a nicely worded letter to your shipping agent.
It would be nice to see better pics of both really, I do however think these could be good project cars, if you have the time Etc. Just highlighting them as theres a lot of potential buyers for cars in the UK at the moment. If I had the money spare it's what I would do (if the boss would let me)
Chris
copy and pasted:

Is the vehicle you are importing into the UK over 30 years old?

Customs now allow certain cars older than 30 years old into the UK without paying any duty and just 5% VAT – the car has to be in original form with no major modifications to engine, chassis etc. There are different conditions that must be met but it is best to apply with customs early if you think your vehicle may fit the criteria.
(BTI Scheme)
hi

same here, i would snap up that unpainted de. i have a neighbour thats wants to rent me his garage (as ours is full of new kitchen!)

cant buy though.....reckon about $7-8k ish maybe?. Hopefully there is an engine?.

i would sao want to see frame pics as a shot frame changes the resto somewhat.

steve
ex vin 1621
MikeWard Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:Needs work (lots) but in a dry state (Florida): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DeLorean ... 3f24b4f835
Shock Holy crap!

That's not bad, mine looked like that when I got it.

Chassis looks suspicious though...
RichH Wrote:Chassis looks suspicious though...
Yep, and looking at the tide mark on that front wheel, it looks like the car has spent some time sat in water.
Lets all chip in and
buy it Big Grin
I see they have added a couple of chassis pics now, be good to see some for the red one as well.
Chris
I think that pic (of the stainless one) is of the dog-bone shape under the engine cradle. (Sump in top of pic.) Not terminal; I took that piece off mine when I had the engine out, fixed up underneath, blasted the dog-bone, spliced a new piece in, then reinstated it. Also, it's fairly flat in section and could be made up new from a piece of flat plate if it needed to be recreated.
hi

that stainless one is going for more than i thought, is a lot worse than when i purchased mine.

chassis does not look great, could be a frame off,engine unknown but could need surgery or parts missing. i expect all hydraulics would need replacing/rebuilds anyway, recon calipers etc.

obviously serious interior work, is some of the console missing??. so i think a fair bit of £££ in the interior as some stuff would need new or s/hand if missing.

the only main thing going looks to be the stainless, although there is an aerial hole in the T panel to be fixed, replaced, and would likely need a regrain at least.

initially thought the red one a worse buy, but does run, has a bae, interior looks very refurbable for minimal outlay.
just a stainless srtip, regrain (and hope no bondo), refurb wheels and fascias.
at least it drives so easier on a ro/rro ferry, and much easier here as a runner
(i talk from experience of a cr with no clutch, brakes, hand brake etc etc, and having a drive with a slight incline!. So revkon $5-6k would have been a fair price.

so all in all i would probably have gone for the red one, as it looks a better proposition, and a strip and regrain maybe £1000-£1500 or so doing the main labour.

think they both need to remove the reserve though.

think maybe the person selling the stainless one may know a little more than they let on perhaps, cant see why you would put a reserve on if you need the car gone.
it will go to its market value, which is little above the parts strip value in the states?
Reckon worth $8-9k as it is?
needs frame pics though.

Steve
Pages: 1 2