The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean Wanted - Manual/Grey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Life's too short wait for the perfect moment, so I'm taking the plunge... looking for a DeLorean in the UK with for using (not show), definitely manual gearbox and ideally grey interior. Kicking myself for not seeing Vin 11766 sooner and buying that. Anyone know of anything coming up I would be grateful to hear from you.

James
Hi James... Have you any idea on your budget?

Ben
Hi Ben, so I don’t want to prejudice any future negotiations, but… I’d like to pay £20k, though I’m prepared to go a bit higher for the right car. Good mechanicals are more important to me than the external condition. James
Thats good to know James...

I have an 83' Grey Manual.... one in the hundreds of the last of the cars with the vin being 16327.... This does mean though it has the less desirable flat hood ungrooved and ungasflapped.

I have not listed my car for sale as technically I dont want to sell it.

However I have recently been confronted with a storage issue that could make my ownership unaffordable and I refuse to keep the car if it has to live outdoors.

There is little point telling you the ins and outs of the car, except that I have got a contact who made me a ridiculous offer of 25k for the car when I was at a filling station returning from last years NEC show.

I have spent the last 4 months doing quite a serious repair on one of the heater system components eager to return the car to the road this month... in fact apart from a few minor niggles and an aircon regas its ready to use once its taxed. This part has cost me in excess of £700 and will never see the benefit if the car goes.

So at this point I can not go no further... but if people see what you are willing to pay then it opens new opportunities for sellers and buyers alike...

I hope you find your car soon, but watch this space as I may well be in touch if I am forced to sell quickly... my car may not be what you want but then again with the extras that would be included with my car in the way of BTTF props and goodies, it would be a DeLorean package with a difference...

Regards my friend..

Ben
Thanks for the thought Ben. Let me know if the situation changes. Cheers, James
Two weeks ago I took possession of a beautiful grey/manual VIN #5433. I'm over the moon with it and we've already had a lots of fun together. Thank you to Chris Williams for his help and support - much appreciated - and to everyone else who has offered or suggested cars. Looking forward to meeting up soon.

James
Congrats.

Yet another recent import?
Quote:Thank you to Chris Williams for his help and support - much appreciated
No problem, good to see another car back on the road. Any issues just ask thats what we are hear for!
Quote:Yet another recent import?
Best to let James tell you about the car, but no it's a car thats been in the UK for a long time but not known in the DeLorean scene.

Chris