The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Yorkshire meets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Short notice I know, but if any one fancies meeting for an hour or so on bank holiday Monday let me know Big Grin
A pub meet near Sheffield could be good one day, then some of us Midlands lot
can drive up without having to remortgage to cover the fuel bills :lol:
Definitely Claire, lets get it on. !!!! As long as its a Sunday Big Grin
Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:Definitely Claire, lets get it on. !!!!

lol, Phill might want you to re-phrase that abit!! :lol:

If we can arrange something for May, that would be good, as Phill's car will
be back on the road by then, and I think RichH is getting his car back on the
road for May too.

I cant do Sat 11th May, as booked to do a wedding that day, other then that
we've got nothing booked yet for any of the weekends/Bank Holidays in May.
Up for this, just keep us up to date Mike.
Me too subject to availability, I will take my car out more than once this year! (Last year's only outing was to Elsecar Heritage centre)
Provided I'm free, I could come up.
How about Sunday 26 May or Mon27. ( bank hol weekend)
How about the 4th/5th/6th May?
I could mike but some are meeting in castleford the week before so they might not want to do two weekends in a row.
something round the Sheffield area on one of the May Bank Hol weekends could work
for us - I cant do May 11th tho as I'm doing a wedding that day.

Maybe we could combine a pub meet with a trip to Elsecar Heritage Centre - is it worth
a visit Rich?

There's also a transport museum near Rotherham somewhere that I've seen advertised in
CCW, could even give that a try too if people fancied it?
Quote: Elsecar Heritage Centre - is it worth
a visit Rich?

Well, I was there as part of a large VW show (long story but I got a photo of the DMC in Volks-World!)

Outside of the show there were some interesting bits of industrial heritage and some railwayana, including a length of track which they were running some old diesels on, but they've no steam and I suspect outside of a large show it might seem quiet. Works well as a large show venue, as an attraction in it's own right I think it'd be better in ten years or so. Think Crich but less polished!
If you're thinking of that sort of area, might I suggest the Kirklees Light Railway, or the National Coal Mining Museum, which are both reasonably close to each other (and personally I think better than the Elsecar Heritage Centre!)
Let's kick the Yorkshire meet thread off again. Does any one fancy a mini meet In the next free weeks ???
Deloreanyorkshire Wrote:Let's kick the Yorkshire meet thread off again. Does any one fancy a mini meet In the next free weeks ???

I'll drop in if I'm in the area, alas hard to predict when I'll be in the north.
Pages: 1 2