The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean's For Sale On Ebay, Updated as They Appear.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Quote:There have been numerous similar phishing scams (which I have reported to eBay) just trying to get your details....but this one looks different.
Yes your right, likewise I normally report them too, but they normally keep re-using the same photographs Huh
I 'think' this may be genuine as all the cars in the listing are in the same building, and the photo of a camper van outside is in front of a business that says 'poptop leisure' that is registered in Chester - le - street (should get Tony to go and have a look!)
Odd that they have increased the price to 45k though.
Chris
Yes Chris, you mirror my thoughts....but strange banging up an already expensive price. The that RR 150k is just daft!
And a badly covered binnacle.

I’d say he’s 10 to 15k over.

MOT expired in August 2018. Car registered in June 2016.
So it’s not been run for almost 2 years at least.
Oh I see it has air bags and cruise control.....that probably accounts for the extra £15k. Huh

'Buy with confidence' from such a knowledgeable owner.........
Having looked into the sellers items a bit more, its clear to me that he hasn't got a clue of the true value of things. Obviously he winding down his business and flogging off his stock.  

One of the Rolls Royce cars he is selling, needs a lot of work and he asking £150,000.    Looking at similar cars for sale, (and i've looked at loads over the years), if it were nicely presented it would be about £50k......but it isn't, its a project and in my view worth  about half of that! £25k.
Yes, it has an interesting history, but most RR cars do.

I once nearly bought a tatty car formally used by Winston Churchill. I was prepared to go up to 25k, but it made mid 30's. My plan was to get it running nicely and drive it to RR shows with all the scabby rotten interior and rusted and filthy  body Wink
(18 May 2020, 07:51)Smithy2970 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13 May 2020, 17:45)Guinney1971 Wrote: [ -> ]
(13 May 2020, 08:54)Chris Williams Wrote: [ -> ]Been a while since we had any 'genuine' adverts on eBay, I suspect this wont be the last this year as peoples circumstances change:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELOREAN-DMC-...1438.l2649
At 38k seems very top end and with no chassis pictures to back it up.

wow £38k for an automatic.... if it was a 5spd, maybe, but wow.

They must be going up in value again - it’s now showing £45,000...

After a bit of googling and it's VIN 3428 sold on ebay in 2017... for a lot less...
you surprise me Stuart......

Not being funny, but if it didnt sell at £38k, HTF does he think he'll get £45k for it, especially if its been sat for 2yrs?

Sounds like a right chancer.
The reg number was familiar Claire. Google 'Delorean 3428' and you'll see what PO was asking...
If I had the cash at the time I would have jumped at it lol

'Double your money, Try to get Rich'   Wink
Quote:New project car on eBay For £20k

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-DeLorean...SwvgVe1UeL
Shame there are not some pics of the chassis. Looking at the engine bay and the corrosion on certain parts along with what looks like rust on the engine cradle frame. That said it probably is the cheapest project (as described by the seller) in Europe. Though there is one in auction in Belgium ending soon.
Chris
Erm.....No Louvers, interior shot and I don't like the look of that rusty engine bay one bit.

It's rare in my experience to find a solid engine. It's not a patch on that one I was involved with for 25k. That was running with a good interior...but it was a black auto, not a grey manual.....I think 15 would be nearer the mark. IMO
Firstly that owner will have trouble registering the car not because the DVLA arent registering but because the car has to pass an MOT before the DVLA would even think about registering it.

Second, the engine is ceased (if i read that right). That coupled with all the rust here, there and everywhere, no lourves and a shot interior make this less than 20k imo. Its not a bargin like they describe and comparing that heap to a 35k+ car is like comparing a kia to a ferrari. It may be the cheapest project in europe (possibly the only one at present) but its not worth 20k. But hey, at least the tyres are new

I think this is the one that sold for 10k recently on facebook. So a flipper really
Its been robbed since then   Angry .....do you know what they were asking at BHCC?
Cant remember myself but £20k is too much for that car. I think he probably overpaid with bhcc too. I also noted it doesnt state "mechanically sound" like bhcc usually do so that engine is seized for sure. I think the car is a £10k to £15k car
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33