The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: OEM Style License Bezel wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Does any one have a rear licence holder going cheap. I think the part is known as a licenze bezel?.

I know i can get a brand new one for about £100 but just wondered if any one had one hanging around that they want to sell cheap?

thanks
Might be worth trying Jame RG on the forum, he did/does make UK spec ones for the car. Dont know if he still does or not, ahh hear you go! : http://classicdelorean.com/ Dave Howarth (contact details in mag) is allways worth a ring as he has lots of parts hidden away as well.
Chris
there's one on fleabay at the moment. US style, though. Not sure which one you are after.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DeLorean-Rear-L ... HOP:US:101
Thanks

I didn't realise the American and the UK bezels were different. Thanks for your comments
Have a word with Dave Howarth, he is having them remade in both US and UK style
Chris P Wrote:Have a word with Dave Howarth, he is having them remade in both US and UK style

If that's for definite the I'll most likely not get any more of mine made, I have the patterns still but they are currently at home, not with the foundry.
I don't make a great deal of money off them, as you can imagine, so certainly don't want to get stuck with stock if a cheaper alternative is going to be produced.

My 'Euro' style ones incorporate the DMC logo this was approved by dmc Huston (with some restrictions), many moons ago when I first designed the pattern and had it manufactured.

Anyway I hope Dave's aren't exactly the same as mine, that would make me a little sad :-(

James
Quote:I didn't realise the American and the UK bezels were different. Thanks for your comments
The origionals are not, however some have been made, Most by James I guess that fit/suit the longer UK style plate, You can get plates made to fit the OEM style just depends on which style you prefer I suppose! James also makes the OEM style as well in a better material then the origional and are a very good quality. I didn't know Dave was having these made either, would not have thought the market/demand was that great for them especially as they are still available from Ed/DMCH.

Chris
I have one of your UK spec plate surrounds James, have had for a few years, and it's just the job, prefer it to a US spec size...
These are the two styles I make, 1st is simply a copy of the original, and the second is the euro-style I designed.

In Europe most plates have to be displayed fully, they can not use a motor bike style plate like we can in the UK so I sell most of these surrounds across Europe.

The photo is of the wooden patterns from which the surrounds are then cast (so ignore the colour!)

[Image: 2A.jpg]

James
Regards Dave H, he has a mate who can reproduce just about any plastic/ fibreglass parts. He is even working on new front and back ends!
Best phone Dave direct to get the full score. I have seen a number plate surround ( prototype) its looks OK and is very light weight .

I too fitted one of James's surrounds on vin 510....very good it is..
Chris P Wrote:Regards Dave H, he has a mate who can reproduce just about any plastic/ fibreglass parts. He is even working on new front and back ends!
Best phone Dave direct to get the full score. I have seen a number plate surround ( prototype) its looks OK and is very light weight .

I too fitted one of James's surrounds on vin 510....very good it is..

I've seen DMC Huston's fibreglass front/rear fascias and I have to say whilst some of DMCH's repro parts are not really to my liking, the fascias look really sharp, now if dave can recreate those... Well that's worth doing.

James
JamesRGUK Wrote:I've seen DMC Huston's fibreglass front/rear fascias and I have to say whilst some of DMCH's repro parts are not really to my liking, the fascias look really sharp, now if dave can recreate those... Well that's worth doing.

James

They do look sharp but having to remove the the front one to change a lightbulb is madness.

When the originals are reinforced they are fine.
dmc4087 Wrote:
JamesRGUK Wrote:I've seen DMC Huston's fibreglass front/rear fascias and I have to say whilst some of DMCH's repro parts are not really to my liking, the fascias look really sharp, now if dave can recreate those... Well that's worth doing.

James

They do look sharp but having to remove the the front one to change a lightbulb is madness.

When the originals are reinforced they are fine.

serious!! are they taking tips from Renault where you have to partially dismantle a Modus to change
a headlight bulb?
Quote:Renault where you have to partially dismantle a Modus to change
a headlight bulb?
Same with the battery as well :roll:
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:Renault where you have to partially dismantle a Modus to change
a headlight bulb?
Same with the battery as well :roll:
Chris

in that respect, I'm glad I've got a Grand Scenic - although I've heard headlight bulb changes on
those are 'interesting' too......

anyway, back OT Wink
Pages: 1 2