The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: G'day! VIN 1955
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone Smile ,

I'm surprised I have not signed up on this forum having been a new owner for the past 1&1/2 years!

I'm also a member on the other UK forum, so what is the difference between them both?

Oh, I'm from Melbourne, Australia. As far down south on the planet. :lol:
Good to see you on here,been following your facey book page for a quite a while,keep up the good work on that by the way..
Quote:I'm also a member on the other UK forum, so what is the difference between them both?
This is the origional one in the UK, and the other has been around for about three years. other than recent content they just copied the content of this forum to start with. However most DeLorean owners be it in the UK or worldwide are registered with both, as we all are with most other DeLorean forums Big Grin it's all about sharing info at the end of the day. However we are not just a forum we are a proper club that produces a quality A4 magazine and with DMCH magazine folding recently we have seen an increse in membership as it does seem to still be the case that people do want magazines to read as well as the good old internet!

Chris
malcy34 Wrote:Good to see you on here,been following your facey book page for a quite a while,keep up the good work on that by the way..

Thanks Malcy!

Big Grin I try to keep everyone entertained, but it's hard to please everyone. :? I'll keep doing what I do and go with the flow. :wink:
Chris Williams Wrote:
Quote:I'm also a member on the other UK forum, so what is the difference between them both?
This is the origional one in the UK, and the other has been around for about three years. other than recent content they just copied the content of this forum to start with. However most DeLorean owners be it in the UK or worldwide are registered with both, as we all are with most other DeLorean forums Big Grin it's all about sharing info at the end of the day. However we are not just a forum we are a proper club that produces a quality A4 magazine and with DMCH magazine folding recently we have seen an increse in membership as it does seem to still be the case that people do want magazines to read as well as the good old internet!

Chris

Thanks for the clarification Chris. Looks like I will just have to visit both forums regularly. :wink:

Most of the time I'm on the dmctalk.org, but it's looks like some owners/members are quite bitter which spoils the experience over there.
simid Wrote:Thanks for the clarification Chris. Looks like I will just have to visit both forums regularly. :wink:

That's what I do too, Simon. Oddly, this one has gotten more active recently, while the other one has gotten quieter.

For the trifecta, check out the DOI - delorean.ie (DeLorean Owners of Ireland)

simid Wrote:Most of the time I'm on the dmctalk.org, but it's looks like some owners/members are quite bitter which spoils the experience over there.

I don't know what you mean Shock
Ayup Simon, nice to see you on here mate, I love the stuff you find and post on Facebook,
feel free to add anything to our FB page too while your at it Wink

Happy browsing on our forum - out of interest, how many De's are in Oz these days?
Quote:Thanks for the clarification Chris. Looks like I will just have to visit both forums regularly.
Not a problem, as I wrote most (including myself and everyone I know) visit all the different forums for info/x-refs etc. Some times a bit of info pops up on one and not another.

Chris
Guinney1971 Wrote:Happy browsing on our forum - out of interest, how many De's are in Oz these days?

Thanks Claire! Big Grin

We think there might be roughly 50ish Deloreans around the whole of AUS, but it's hard to track them all down. But the word does get around when one does appear and we try and grab the VIN if possible. :lol: But so far, I think Queensland has the most Deloreans in that state.
Chris Williams Wrote:Not a problem, as I wrote most (including myself and everyone I know) visit all the different forums for info/x-refs etc. Some times a bit of info pops up on one and not another.
Chris

Thanks Chris, I have noticed this as well, so I'll have plenty to read and get to know who's who. I think I have most people as friends on FB now. Just gotta put them to the Nicks on all the forums.
Dangermouse Wrote:For the trifecta, check out the DOI - delorean.ie (DeLorean Owners of Ireland)

Oooo! Another one to join and keep up with! :lol: Sweet, I'll check it out! Thanks DM! Smile
Hi, whats your facebook so I can check it out as well. Sounds like its pretty good
this is Simons 'DeLorean Fan Page' - always some cool pics and finds on here Smile

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Delorean ... 69?fref=ts
simid Wrote:Most of the time I'm on the dmctalk.org, but it's looks like some owners/members are quite bitter which spoils the experience over there.

:lol: It's the same thing here too. I count myself as one of the embittered :wink:
Just touching base, still alive and kicking. Still got the D for those who don;t know me.

Haven't been on any of the Delorean forums for over 8 months, so I'm pulling my finger out and getting back on them again, .... starting here!
Pages: 1 2