The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Delorean Car Show, Orlando
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another great Delorean Car Show at Orlando.
Mary and I together with John C have had a splendid few days here in Mickey Mouse Land.
First night sat down for dinner and introduced ourselves around to those seated only to discover that our neighbour at the table was none other than Dangermouse. Well our superhero friend from Atlanta is not what would have expected, no, he is very sensible and does not dress up in fancy clothing.
I have promised to maintain his anonimity save to say he comes from Dunmurray and his real name is John!
Lots of information for future magazine articles.
How about these for a taster.

Mike and Mary
Sorry, Dangermouse is not John he is Dermot!
Where did I get John from, it is an age thing!!?
Mike
Thanks for your pictures :wink:
If you have some more, don't hesitate to share them Tongue
Thought I recognised you 2 .... Hope you had a great time in the States!

[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
I too was shocked to be seated beside the famous Hoopers, what were the odds? A nicer couple you couldn't want to meet. And John C too, obviously. We had a very nice chat over dinner.

(No secrecy - I just try and keep my surname off the forums - you never know who is searching for you Wink )

Didn't know you were going to be there Andy, would have been nice to meet (and I think John/Jan from Belgium was to be there also) - I wish they had provided an attendee list.

Even though I live in Atlanta, I had not driven down unfortunately, but am now regretting getting the car more reliable and making the trek. This was my first DeLorean show of any kind, and I came down with my son, who was suitably impressed.

Next one is in dayton Ohio in June 2014, near the big collections of Cliff S (owner of may cars including the Toyota Supra conversion and new owner of Proto 1) and Rich W (of D-rex and DeLorean Limo fame) - should be fun.
Dangermouse Wrote:I too was shocked to be seated beside the famous Hoopers, what were the odds? A nicer couple you couldn't want to meet. And John C too, obviously. We had a very nice chat over dinner.

(No secrecy - I just try and keep my surname off the forums - you never know who is searching for you Wink )

Didn't know you were going to be there Andy, would have been nice to meet (and I think John/Jan from Belgium was to be there also) - I wish they had provided an attendee list.

Even though I live in Atlanta, I had not driven down unfortunately, but am now regretting getting the car more reliable and making the trek. This was my first DeLorean show of any kind, and I came down with my son, who was suitably impressed.

Next one is in dayton Ohio in June 2014, near the big collections of Cliff S (owner of may cars including the Toyota Supra conversion and new owner of Proto 1) and Rich W (of D-rex and DeLorean Limo fame) - should be fun.

I wasn't there (I wish I was Big Grin ), I just found this picture somewhere on Facebook and I recognised Mary and Mark Hooper (they where in Belgium a couple of weeks ago).
And yes, Jan Indekeu from Belgium went to Florida this year, but I haven't heard of him yet, so I don't think he back in Belgium yet ...
Hi Andy, Mary and I bumped into Jan Indekeu whilst in Orlando he probably is the one that took the photo.

Mike
great photos, would love to be able to be able to head out to the US to attend one of these events.
(DMCH Open House in 2003 was bought on the credit cards......)

Not sure about that limo..... too much metal and not enough glass down the sides for me - love that rear luggage
box tho, thats a great idea Smile
Guinney1971 Wrote:great photos, would love to be able to be able to head out to the US to attend one of these events.

Was that a hiccup, or a sneeze? ;-) my hay fever has been terrible this year, so I'm thinking, a sneeze. ;-)
lol, daft laptop playing silly beggers as I've got a key or two loose Wink