The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: KnightCon 2012 : 1st September : West Yorkshire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All.

Advance notice from the organiser, KnightCon 2012 is on again, It's the 30th anniversary of Knight Rider!!!!

Dates are 99% confirmed, slightly early in the year, the VIP evening with a chance to meet the guests is Friday 31st August, with the main event on Saturday 1st September.

Pretty much all sci-fi is presented so there's no excuse to be bored.

The event will be at:

Xscape
Colorado Way, Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 4TA
http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/

The Premier Inn which is just across the car park was where most overnight attendees stayed, reduced KnightCon rates TBC.

Seeing as there's no official club gathering this year, I'd hope to see as many club cars as possible.

JohnC
Shame they moved it, I can't do that date Sad
...This is a long way for me to attend, but i'm so curious, I might just pull out all the stops and come up. Since i'll still have LEX down this way. Lets hope the weather will be good for it. Seems to be that currently, everything round about now is going to turn out to be a weather washout! Cry
Richard.

That's a real shame, I hope it's not for a competing DMC event I haven't seen ?!

JohnC
JohnC Wrote:Richard.

That's a real shame, I hope it's not for a competing DMC event I haven't seen ?!

JohnC

Not another event John, no. But I am at the opposite end of the country.

Shame really, the event was amazing last year, real good fun. I can recommend it to anyone.
well as long as we are free, Phill and I should be able to attend - hopefully I'll
be in my De this year too.

Rissy, if you can make it, you'll have an awesome day - just check out the photos in the Winter
Club mag if you need a recap Wink
Being a Sci Fi geek, I may well try and get up to this!
Just had notification from work that I'm going to be expected to go to Belgium at some point between Aug 22nd and Sep 7th, for 2-3 days, and then again at some point near the end of Sep for 3-4 weeks. No doubt this event opportunity will be ruined for me by my work....but we'll wait and see. I hope not.
Can I please request a quick confirmation of who plans to attend this... the organiser wants to ensure there's enought room at the front for us again..

So that's

Me
Phil & Claire ?
DaveH

JohnC
I can't do this one but make sure you take lots of pics Big Grin
I've checked the diary, and this clashes with another event we're already booked in for.

Shame they moved the date of this John, looks like its gonna have a detrimental effect
on the DOC-UK turnout this year Sad
Which event please out of curiousity ?
Stapleford Carnival, its a local one to us in Nottinghamshire that we promised the organisers we'd do
as we missed it last year.
At this moment in time it looks to just be DaveH and I for this event Sad

A quick update, the organisers have been asked that display cars arrive by 07:00....07:00 that's even earlier than Carfest!!!!

On the plus side they are offering onsite security patrolling and barriers around the cars...

Any late entries ?

JohnC
its just a shame its clashing with another event (and RichH being elsewhere),
otherwise you'd have the three cars of the 'usual suspects' on display too.

Tell em to put it back to its usual end Sept/early Oct date for next year 8)