The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean need for Army do, Marchwood. 14th July 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If any one can help please deal direct. Thanks.

Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 5:56 PM

To: secretary@deloreans.co.uk

Subject: Seeking a Delorean

Mr. Williams,

I plucked your name from the DOC website in the hope that you could point me in the direction of someone that may help me.

I am a British Army Officer serving at the Military Port & Maritime Organisation in Marchwood and have been tasked with organising a Wild West Themed party for the Officers’ Mess Summer Ball Function on 14 July 12. From my perspective as an engineer, the Delorean in ‘Back to the Future’ represents the Wild West hence my efforts to borrow or hire one as a prop for a few hours on that Saturday evening.

As an organisation we have close links to Beaulieu Motor Museum, however the one example they have belongs to a private collector so they are not in a position to loan it out. Do you know of a Delorean owner in the proximity of Southampton who would be in a position to help me in my quest?

Rdgs

Pete Brierley

Major PA Brierley | OC Wksp | 17 P&M Regt RLC | Marchwood | Southampton | SO40 4ZG

+17PM-Wksps OC (02380 664232 "17PM-WkspsOC@mod.uk
I wonder if Darren Collins would be able to help? I'll send him a link to this and see if he can Smile
Thanks Claire,

Email sent.

Kind regards
Darren
Thanks Darren

Chris
Darren C Wrote:Thanks Claire,

Email sent.

Kind regards
Darren

cheers Darren for helping out here Big Grin

Am I right in thinking your ex military yourself?
I would assume, that unless Darren C posts to the contrary, he's covering this one (its local to him anyway).
Just got home from this event Big Grin

Fancy dress ball, it was a good do, plenty of pictures and interest in the car!

Weather rubish, but enthusiasm made it through.

Spoke to a lady from Dunmurray at the event, turns out her dad was a government minister who organised grant money to DMC. Shock
awesome Darren, so glad you could help out here.

So, any juicy gossip for the Club mag then? Wink