The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: KnightCon 2011 : 30th September : West Yorkshire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I still have a great fondness for Knight Rider, the previous events have been terrific and so busy they really had outgrown the location, guests from the show lots of KITTs and a recreation of the Knight-semi interior.... if I didn't have a DeLorean (or had the cash/room), I'd defo have a KITT.

So here is the detail from this years event....

John C

================================================================================================

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/f1-general...s-and-chat

We are pleased to announce the exciting new venue for this years Knightcon is "Xscape" the Ultimate Entertainment Destination in Castleford
Xscape has an amazing 15,000 weekend visitors even before the excitement of knightcon arrives! and with knightcon completely taking over Xscape with Kitt replicas, displays, Movie sets, Props, Memorabilia and Rare Collectables both inside AND outside, rest assured this years event will be a truly world class unbelievable experience!

The event is set for the last weekend in September, meaning the Saturday is actually 1st of October, and the Friday "VIP WELCOME KNIGHT" on friday 30th September.

On site is a 170 bedroom premier inn, countless restaurants, fast food, shopping, cinemas.. and so much more! Travel is easy, there is a train station in the grounds with regular trains from Leeds and easy access from all motorways/airports as Xscape is situated conveniently just off J32 of the M62.

This guys will be one event you will not want to miss!, Everyone is welcome to come along and join in the fun and excitement!

More details to follow as we get them, including guest announcements

Xscape
Colorado Way, Castleford, West Yorkshire WF10 4TA
http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/
sounds good, how much is it to get in - or are people displaying cars given free entry?
It's a basically free event Big Grin

You do have the option of a premier/VIP evening meal (usually the night before) where you can dine with the guests from the show, which clearly is a chargeable addition, I've never managed to attend that, but I haven't ruled it out this year yet.

Other than that, they have the usual goodies and, from past experience, a very good raffle to help seperate you from some cash.

John C
Free............ we like that! Mr Green
This show is in a couple of weeks, can I have an update on anyone else plaaning to go so I can send numbers please.

So far...

1. JohnC
2. Steve (new owner)
3. Claire (possibly?)
4. Phil (possibly?)
Last update tonight.... the confirmed guest list.

Dirk Benedict 'Faceman/Starbuck'
Peter Parros 'RC3'
Rebecca Holden 'April'
Mike Scheffe (Designer of some of the BTTF vehicles)
we're deffo's for this John, and I'm pretty sure RichH is up for it too.

Gonna be a busy month for events !! Big Grin
Claire/Phil/Rich that's terrific news.

For everyone else, some futher updates.

The Xscape location includes shops, restaturants, bars, cinema, and ski-slope.... but the car park will be sectioned off for the show.

The show is going to be huge, they've got A-Team Vans, a BumbleBee, Starsky&Hutch car, Ecto1, BatMobile, General Lee and a host of of American cars, together with the KITTs and Knight-Semi.

There are a couple of potential VIP/meet-and-greet sessions (at a charge) to mingle in small numbers with the guests.

Michael Shaffe has agreed to give a very limited slide-show/talk about his work, including Knight Rider, but of more DeLorean interest his work on BTTF.

To attend that, and the Friday/Saturday mingle sessions you need the Platinum package (£40), the organiser Rob (who is really keen on our cars) has offered to put some tickets aside whilst you consider it, but numbers will be limited to ~60. There are other options, to meet the stars in small numbers but the main event is still 100% free.

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/t791-knig ... -available

http://knightrideruk.forum.st/t731-knig ... comodation

http://www.xscape.co.uk/yorkshire/
hmm, well with funds the way they are, we're gonna have to stick
to the free option, but we're looking forward to this all the same.
Yeah, looking forward to it! Myself and Chris Hawes are convoying down on the day. There's a couple of other D owners who may be joining us, but not 100% sure yet. Keep you posted Smile
good stuff Steve, be nice to see you and Hawsey again.

This is looking like its going to be another very well attended DOC-UK event Big Grin
Cool.... I've even confirmed that Rob isn't going to be too put out if we can outnumber the KITTs Big Grin (but we're not there yet...)

So that makes 7 so far.

Me
Claire
Phil
RichH
Steve
Chris
Certain shiny car from up north
JohnC Wrote:Certain shiny car from up north

Tony Openshaw and family are coming then! :lol:
Guinney1971 Wrote:
JohnC Wrote:Certain shiny car from up north

Tony Openshaw and family are coming then! :lol:
Family have to come to keep it clean
[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
Boy am I due a slap now Big Grin
Chris
John, I think Phil Emsley (and Liz) were up for this too when I was speaking to them
the other week at the DOC event.

What time do you want us there for on Saturday? Multimap says its about an hours
run from here.
Pages: 1 2