The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Window switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The drivers side window started playing up the other day, clicking and nothing generally happening when trying to get it to work-weather was hot and sunny (for once) and as the aircon was still in a state of repair action had to be taken.
Upon inspection of the switch itself, I pulled it apart very carefully, checking for bits falling out and noting how it went together. The main contact bar was burnt and the contacts obviously werent making contact properly. 5 minutes with a small file cleaned the metal back to new, reassembled the switch, a bit fiddly but can be done and when reconnected worked absolutely fine.
Worth checking out if your windows decide to pack up for no apparent reason, as mine were working ok if a bit sluggish at times-an easier thing to do before stripping the electric window motor assembly out. 8)
excellent how to mate, dont suppose you took any pics as you went along? would be a good
article to submit for the club mag.

Actually, I've got probs with my windows, the drivers one has a horrid clicking/clanging noise
from the motor when I press the switch, and the passenger side window does nothing when
I press the switch, but does work on the remote control on my 'remote wing'. Makes me think
that the passenger side window switch is at fault, and the motor is buggered on the driver's side :|

I've not got working aircon either, and my fan only works on a couple of settings and 2 fan speeds :roll: :roll: :roll:
I'll dig the camera out and do it step by step again, it looks complicated but if you're careful and take note of how you pull it apart (taking photos with your phone is a good idea) -a simple fix and saves you buying a new switch and while you're at it you could put new decal arrows on the switch-job done! 8)
brill thanks mate! Big Grin