The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Steering Rack Assembly - Transportation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just for general info - random, i know. For those that were aware of me buying one of Ed Uding's steering rack assemblies while in Belfast, you'll be infrormed to know that you CAN indeed fit this on the rear parcel shelf behind your seats of your D' for transportation. :-D
lol, my rear parcel shelf has usually got Kezia's pushchair stashed on it :lol:
Well all, it has finally come to that time, 4 months later, that I can now say that i have finished LEX's steering rack replacement (due to work commitments, not cause i'm a complete idiot! lol!).
I took her a quick run round the block, just to see how she feels, and instil some confidence in driving her...to the garage on Wednesday. (pretty damn close if not perfect already, but will still need a proper laser alignment done to make sure)
That's right, now i can finally get the M.O.T done for the year! lol! I'll of course, let you all know how she does.
Looking for better results on the handbrake test since renewing and mixing/matching old and new handbrake pads last year to get what i think is a pretty good performance out of them for once. (Handbrake was fine in Belfast, and parking/stopping/hill-starting on pretty steep hills in Edinburgh seems ok too!

I've taken lots of Photos of the steering rack at different stages of being changed.
Now i'm sure it wouldn't be as good as some others submissions for other jobs being done to a car, in the past, but i'm wondering if i should write up a skit, and submit my photos for the next magazine, for a "how to change your steering rack" article....? input?

I'm now also wondering if my oil leak is coming from the same place as the car in Wheeler Dealers. Already PM'd Martin to ask if that seal was done when Jay had the clutch done a few and a bit years ago. No-one seems to be able to completely verify where the leak is coming from, and i've been slowly trying to eliminate all potentials as i've been going along - although i AM limited in what i can do without having the capability of taking the Engine out of the car! Anyway, Wheeler Dealers....Very good programme. Got to watch thanks to someone putting the videos up on YouTube (I don't have Discovery).
Hi Chris, an article for the mag would be very good, its been years since I had my rack out
and I'm sure it would be a useful article for all the new owners on here and those getting
ready to take the plunge.

Hope your oil seal is ok.......... fingers crossed for you, and good luck for the MOT! Sorbet's
going for her MOT this week too Smile
Quote:Now i'm sure it wouldn't be as good as some others submissions for other jobs being done to a car, in the past, but i'm wondering if i should write up a skit, and submit my photos for the next magazine, for a "how to change your steering rack" article....? input?

That would be great if you could. Our readers really like things like that, inspires confidence to tackle those types of projects yourself.

Chris