The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: DeLorean 1981 - Iceland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, I'm new here.

I have the privilege to have the only DeLorean in Iceland.

It got here in the year 1998 from a car collector in USA.

I bought it in 2005, I'm the 3rd owner from 1981.

It's driven right over 8.000 miles, and still has the original tiers.

Here are some pics, hope you enjoy, I know that I do Smile

[Image: g__+upplausn.jpg]
[Image: g__+upplausn1.jpg]
[Image: g__+upplausn2.jpg]
[Image: 26_5_2010+010.jpg]
[Image: 26_5_2010+031.jpg]

Here It is last summer at my wedding:
[Image: DMC.jpg]
[Image: DMC2.jpg]
Wow
How COOL is that ! Are you the only person in the world to say that they own the only
Delorean in their country !! I’m envious. Fantastic pictures. More please.
Awesome pics - Welcome! The body looks mint. Do you know if its ever been re-brushed?
Very nice looking car, nice body and cool to be the only one in the country.

Chris
Really nice looking Delorean you've got here.
How lucky you are to be the only owner in your country.
Do you know if some other guy are interested about the car in your country?
dmcscott2002 Wrote:Awesome pics - Welcome! The body looks mint. Do you know if its ever been re-brushed?

Thank you.
I brushed it by hand, it took 2 weekends a few years ago. And now it sits in my garage under a body cover marked DMC.
I think the cover was bought from the on line shop on www.delorean.com - It came with the car.

Quote:Really nice looking Delorean you've got here.
How lucky you are to be the only owner in your country.
Do you know if some other guy are interested about the car in your country?

Thank you all.

There are many here that are interested in the DeLorean, like in other rare exotic cars.

It has bean my dream to own one sins I saw the film "Back to the future", back in the day.
One day I just desided to contact the company that owned the car her in Iceland (the company was the dealer for the stainless steal that was used in the body work on the DeLorean), and asked them if they would sell it to me.
6 months later it was mine Smile
These things really are everywhere Big Grin
bttf brian Wrote:Wow
How COOL is that ! Are you the only person in the world to say that they own the only

very cool too. is the "1981" plate, the actual legal license plate? That would be doubly cool.

Car to share the VIN with us?

(OT, I am traveling to Brazil a little this year, and according to the VIN list there is only one in that country also - 1 D in a country of 190 million !! I must find it Big Grin )
Dangermouse Wrote:
bttf brian Wrote:Wow

very cool too. is the "1981" plate, the actual legal license plate? That would be doubly cool.

Car to share the VIN with us?

This kind of number plate is the old stile. I think that the new stile came in the year 1990.

New stile:
[Image: GR6AALHG.jpg]

Old stile:
[Image: numer.jpg]

If you have a car that is 25 years old or older, you can have the old stile special made and registered og your car here in Iceland.

Mine is Í 981 that reads 1981 :wink:

I allso have a Mercedes Benz that has the plates Í 977, and guess what.. it's a 1977 model :wink: Big Grin

[Image: 23_12_09+125.jpg]
Really cool 8)
OK, so I read the first character as an I rather than a 1.

Still, that is really neat.
It's a lovely car and nice number.
My wife and I visited Iceland last year, its a pity we did not know about you then, we could maybee have met up.

All the best and I hope the economic situation is not hitting you too hard.
That is in lovely condition Smile

I like that at your wedding, people are still looking at the DeLorean! The licence plate is very clever too - and talking of the plate, I have been wanting to get a new style Iceland plate for my wall (I have a few 'interesting' plates that sit behind my model cars) but I don't know where to get one from!

I think I can see you enjoy your car, and being the only one there must feel very special when you go for a drive Big Grin

I miss my DeLorean, it is in Florida but I live in the UK, and I will not bring it here because of the bad weather, so it stays at my friend's house and is looked after... I can only visit USA on tourist visa so I don't see it much !
wow, that is one mint De!!!

Loving the reg plates on that and your Mercedes too Big Grin
Chris P Wrote:It's a lovely car and nice number.
My wife and I visited Iceland last year, its a pity we did not know about you then, we could maybee have met up.

All the best and I hope the economic situation is not hitting you too hard.

Yes, to bad. But I live about 450 km. from the capital (Reykjavik). I live on the NortWest part of Iceland.
Well, lets say that I will survive.

Exige_240R Wrote:That is in lovely condition Smile

I like that at your wedding, people are still looking at the DeLorean! The licence plate is very clever too - and talking of the plate, I have been wanting to get a new style Iceland plate for my wall (I have a few 'interesting' plates that sit behind my model cars) but I don't know where to get one from!

I think I can see you enjoy your car, and being the only one there must feel very special when you go for a drive Big Grin

I miss my DeLorean, it is in Florida but I live in the UK, and I will not bring it here because of the bad weather, so it stays at my friend's house and is looked after... I can only visit USA on tourist visa so I don't see it much !

I might know someone that could get you one of those plates :wink:
Pages: 1 2 3