The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: OD (off delorean) audio problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so i gots me volo 240 today, nice little runner till i get me d, it was free so what the hay, anyway the radio was crapping out on me, so i goes off to halfords as you do, wait for ages and ages trying to flag down the 1 store member working on a saturday as they do, basicly i bought the system and a iso connector thingy so i can plug in the radio. i think it may be the wrong one tho. The connector i got was this:
[Image: 217.jpg]

but i plugged it in, powers up, finds the radio signals, no sound, hmm, so i think the connector is wrong, altho on some sites it says before 1990 everywhere else it says after 1990

Basicly its the 88 model i have and i was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of the right adaptor thingy.

Ive seen [Image: 213.jpg]
but that looks totally wrong to what i have, i have a connector that looks like the one in the top pic

anyways not sure if that made much sense but any help would be appreciated.

thanks
yea it turns out the volvo has a seperate amp dim connector, and theres no kits on the market to do a quick conversion for modern audio systems, so basicly its gotta go for complex wiring i think, that or just get a new car as im not liking the volvo
ah, that could be what i need, Thanks
hi

for an older car, i would just chop the connector and solder on a new one.

normally have neg, pos, pos switched (ign), speakers.

spekers tend to be easy to identify as often 2 same colour, one with a trace line (black).

if in doubt disconnect battery, use a meter to check the ground.

use a 1.5 volt battery on the speaker terminals and wait for the clicking.
(or a signal injector if you have anything that fancy!)

if it has a seperate amp, you need to take the wiring beyond that as that will be looking for a millivolts line input.