The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Hello one and all...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New member alert! 8)
Before i bore you with my introduction i DO NOT OWN A DELOREAN.

Now for the people that mite want to read on anyway. Mr Green

I'm from Manchester and have allways looked at the DeLorean's as a VERY cool car.
I'm probably like most people and 1st started to like them when i watched 'Back To The Future'.
I've never! seen 1 in the flesh and would love too!
I know next to nothing about them as i've only had Vauxhalls...
E.G. Nova's and Zafira's.
I'm only 20 YOA but have driven quite a few cars...
ATM i am loving the VW Golfs & Boras.
I've built up a Nova from standard. Sounds chavvy but they are an enthusiasts car now.
Anyone around the Manchester area with a DeLorean? I would love to see one as said.

I'm looking forward to searching the forum and learning new things.

If you have any questions just ask.

Barton™
Forgot to add could i have some brief info on these cars...
E.G. price ranges?, Quality of engines?, Rust?, etc... the basics that i'd need to know.
Thankyou in advance,

Barton™
Hi Barton

A very warm welcome, Our club president lives near Manchester and I'm sure be more than happy to show you around one of his cars, also we have an event going on not to far away in June: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2911 there will be lots of cars there to have a look at and owners to ask questions of. Daves contact details are BTW: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/ on the contact details page.
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:Hi Barton

A very warm welcome, Our club president lives near Manchester and I'm sure be more than happy to show you around one of his cars, also we have an event going on not to far away in June: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2911 there will be lots of cars there to have a look at and owners to ask questions of. Daves contact details are BTW: http://www.deloreans.co.uk/ on the contact details page.
Chris

Thanks for the welcome Smile
Had a browse at the prices they go for and i never realised how much they are :o
Still a dream car... maybe when i'm a bit older i will have the pleasure of owning one... Until then it would be nice enough just to see 1 or 2 in the flesh Smile
Where abouts in Manchester is he based if you don't mind me asking?
I'm going to PVS (Performance Vauxhall Show) in June 11th - 13th and then i go away to Turkey for 10 days.

What date in June is the show?

Barton™
Welcome to the forum Barton, I decided I wanted a DeLorean 15 years before I bought one, and I slowly saved up for 10 years to get one but the enthusiasm for these cars was always there. Not saying you'll take that long to become an owner but wanting one is part of the experience and there is plenty to do in the meantime, collecting Delorean related stuff, going to car shows, reading up on everything & anything about the car - books, old magazine articles, tech manuals, etc.

There are a few DOC members in the Manchester area, plus lots of owners on here that can help and advise you on your journey to DeLorean ownership.

Live the dream Big Grin
Stu
Hi Barton,

Phill and I are also Vauxhall owners (we've got 4 at the moment), but we aren't going to PVS as its the same weekend as the DOC event in Shropshire.

We are doing Billing in July though - we're with the Vauxhall Opel Driver's Club, who are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch - check out www.vodc.co.uk.

There's quite a few owners in the Manchester area as well as Dave Howarth, including Scott Miller and John Chapelhow. There are also several people in the Lancashire area with cars too.

Check out the events section, you are welcome to come along to an event that the DOC-UK are attending and chat all things stainless steel Big Grin
Guinney1971 Wrote:Hi Barton,

Phill and I are also Vauxhall owners (we've got 4 at the moment), but we aren't going to PVS as its the same weekend as the DOC event in Shropshire.

We are doing Billing in July though - we're with the Vauxhall Opel Driver's Club, who are a friendly and enthusiastic bunch - check out http://www.vodc.co.uk.

There's quite a few owners in the Manchester area as well as Dave Howarth, including Scott Miller and John Chapelhow. There are also several people in the Lancashire area with cars too.

Check out the events section, you are welcome to come along to an event that the DOC-UK are attending and chat all things stainless steel Big Grin
Thankyou for the reply Smile

I sold my Nova a few month ago but i still go on www.pngclub.com everyday as i love Nova's and the people on PNG are decent enough.

I was looking into billing but it isn't looking like i can make that show unless i start my new job sometime soon i'm afraid, which is a shame because it's meant to be a more enthusiast type show than a chav fest like PVS Mr Green

The lads musn't get out in their cars too much as i'm pretty sure i've never seen one being driven about in the flesh.

I'm in the Oldham area if any of them know it... maybe i could meet up with a local as said and i could have a 1st experience Smile

Out of interest what Vauxhalls do you drive?

Barton™
Every single Vauxhall, Opel and Holden that came off the production line is in their back garden! :lol:
haha, not quite Birksie!

I've got a 1989 Cav 1.6L that I've had for donkey's years, only done 83k, and is currently awaiting full body restoration and LPG conversion. I've also got the only Mk3 Astra TD Convertible, as we took a 2.0i convertible last year and put the running gear from an Astra TD estate in it (so it runs on bio fuel like veggie oil for free).

Phill has the last ever Mk3 Cavalier to come off the production line at Luton, as well as a 1995 Cavalier GLS TD (which also runs on bio fuel), which has had lots of techie upgrades, and full leather fitted.

I dont do the 'chav fests' like PVS either, but really enjoy Billing, as its a totally chilled out weekend.

Look forward to catching up with you at a car meet sometime Smile