The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: New member
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I picked up my first Delorean yesterday, so I thought I'd quickly introduce it on here. I took the plunge and bought PSO 69W (VIN 6986), an post-factory RHD conversion. After my first proper long drive, I'm very impressed. I'm looking forward to seeing you in at some events this year. However, I've already met one of you, in the most peculiar of coincidences. An hour after collecting the car from North London and driving it to Essex, I met another one, having to wait for it to cross a narrow bridge in a tiny village. It was Dan Stacey (Dan6457), who immediately gave me some good advice, including coming on here. So, thanks Dan - that was a weird moment. Although I wasn't expecting to get powder-coated chassis envy quite so soon after getting mine.

So I take that as a good omen. I live in London, but my Dad and brother live in rural Essex. They're engineers (unlike me, I'm afraid), so I've left it with them to play with for a few weeks. After that I'll be getting a few practical things sorted (an opening window to prevent me slow-cooking again, for example), then take the car back to London and using it, getting other stuff sorted as I get to know it better. I don't suppose I'll ever meet another on the road again, so I'll see some of you at a gathering this summer!
All the best
Richard Overall
Hi Richard,

welcome to the DOC-UK, and glad to hear that PSO has gone to a good home Smile

The car is very well known in the DOC-UK, as it used to be owned by our Hon Club
President, Dave Howarth before he sold it to Stephen a few years ago.

If you want to know more about your car give Dave a ring (his number is in the Club mag),
he's always happy to chat all things DeLoreans Smile

If you want to meet like minded folk, there's still time to put your name down for the DOC-UK
gathering in Shropshire in June - there's a special guest speaker from the former days of
DMC Ltd coming to give us a talk and show us some of his memorabilia and items from the time,
so should be very interesting.

I've actually got quite a few pics of your car from when we had a meet up at Stephen's parents
house in Bath back in 2003, I can email them to you if you want?
A very warm welcome to the forum and the DOC

Chris
Hi Richard, welcome aboard Smile
Hi Richard

Welcome to the forum.

Give us a shout if you need any advice, there are plenty of folks here who can help!
Thanks for your warm welcomes! I'm looking forward to catching up with some of you over the summer; not sure if I can make the Shropshire event yet, but hopefully some later in the summer.
And I'll certainly give Dave Howarth a ring once I've got used to the car and have built up a list of questions! Currently I've left it with my brother and dad for a few weeks, as they're engineers and will give it a good test before handing it over to me, the mere layman. I already sense that an evening course in auto electrics would be of use, though...

all the best, and enjoy the driving weather!
Richard
ah, DeLorean electrics.... :wink:

If you get stuck, RichH is your man Big Grin