The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 5462 Joins the wide side stripe club
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'd been selling stripe sets for ages, but since I had these new ones done with the better logo I thought I'd bite the bullet and have a set on my car.
I've never been too sure about the side stripes but I have to say I love the result.

A little customisation...
[Image: ss_2.jpg]

New style logo
[Image: ss_5.jpg]

Finished result
[Image: ss_1.jpg]

A Van

Nice work James!
Great work there James, I like the subtle custom bits on your car. 8)
I would be very interested if you were to make an exact copy of the thin side stripes. Would you consider doing them?
Stu
Hi James,

I've seen your new stripes on a car round here, and they really do look the poodles privates Smile

Nice work mate, keep it up! Big Grin
I think the wide stripes look great. I'll be putting them on my car soon. I just want to get the doors aligned/adjusted a bit first.

Kevin
Stuart Rees Wrote:I would be very interested if you were to make an exact copy of the thin side stripes. Would you consider doing them?
Stu

Hi Stu,

There is no problem getting them made, but I would need one to copy 1st, either on or off car.

I always thought that the thin stripe was available from the vendors, but on closer inspection it appears not.

like I said if I have one to copy, or even a really good photo then I could get them reproduced.

J
JamesRGUK Wrote:
Stuart Rees Wrote:I would be very interested if you were to make an exact copy of the thin side stripes. Would you consider doing them?
Stu

Hi Stu,

There is no problem getting them made, but I would need one to copy 1st, either on or off car.

I always thought that the thin stripe was available from the vendors, but on closer inspection it appears not.

like I said if I have one to copy, or even a really good photo then I could get them reproduced.

J

If it helps, mine has a new 'NOS' set off thin stripes on you could use for reference if you need.

Chris
Thanks James & Chris, It would be great if they could be made.
I know they are not simply a straight stripe, they get narrower to the ends of the car, needs to have the logo too.
Chris Williams Wrote:If it helps, mine has a new 'NOS' set off thin stripes on you could use for reference if you need.
Chris

Chris,

Where did you get your NOS stripes from?

As for getting them made if I have a really good selection of photos I'm sure I could get them done, I don't know if there is any texture to them and the exact colour would be hard to match without seeing them in the flesh.

I would also need a few pictures/photos with a ruler in so that I could get an idea of scale.

So in short if somone can provide the photos I'm happy to give it a go...

James
JamesRGUK Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:If it helps, mine has a new 'NOS' set off thin stripes on you could use for reference if you need.
Chris

Chris,

Where did you get your NOS stripes from?

As for getting them made if I have a really good selection of photos I'm sure I could get them done, I don't know if there is any texture to them and the exact colour would be hard to match without seeing them in the flesh.

I would also need a few pictures/photos with a ruler in so that I could get an idea of scale.

So in short if somone can provide the photos I'm happy to give it a go...

James

Bought them thru Ebay, It may be better for you to see them yourself and take the pics you need. Your more than welcome to view when convenient. That way you can see the exact texture Etc.

Chris
VIN 2969 gets the stripes too. James these are yours that I got done at Ed's place. They look brilliant.
[Image: Side.jpg]
KMC-DMC Wrote:VIN 2969 gets the stripes too. James these are yours that I got done at Ed's place. They look brilliant.
[Image: Side.jpg]

Only thing different with my new ones is that they now have the original style logo on them and not the cut-out DMC.

But your right Ed took a load of me a while back.

James