The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Springs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just plain and simple.... What the hell?
These babies have lasted me 4 years. 3 years being driven (Springy noises from day one), and one year stood.
Took the car for its MOT and...well....look at these.......
Im NOT a happy chappy.
[Image: springs-sm.jpg]
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/birksie/springs.jpg

Many thanks to DAN for changing one of them, and Tom Inman for helping with the other!
Cheers fellas.
paul

you was not the only one with problems at the euro tec event within 1 hour ofd ed uding turning up he had sold out of springs if i was you i would ring your surplier and see what can be done that could of resulted in you coming in a ablance the weekend
Tell me about it.
Im shocked (no pun intended ) about the apparent lack of testing these springs must have gone through.
Its disgusting.
Hi Mate,

That is shocking. Sorry I didnt get a chance to change the other one for you but that picture is truly unbelievable !!!

Dan
That is really worrying. I think my springs are from the same place and I occasionally get the odd twang noise. :?
Paul, do Ed's new springs make any twanging noises at all?
Nope. Not a single noise. And the ride is noticeably different.
My old springs made noises whenever cornering...ALL the time.
Now I wish I'd changed them when I had them off the car!

I'll keep picturing those snapped springs whenever I go out in mine now :wink:
If you get the twanging noises, take them back ASAP.
Im disappointed mine lasted only 3½ years. Ive seen worse since Eurotec.
I might get a pair of Eds over at his meet up in a few weeks...

I would like a set of those spax shocks as well after driving Gez's car at the weekend. :wink:
Yeah, id like some Spax too.
I had a go in the black DeLorean. Fantastic handling. Im not entirely sure what he has under there, but he's done some cool modifications to the suspension and steering.
Ouch! Not good.

Looks like over hardening to me. A materials analysist would be able to say for sure.

I think there might have been a bad batch of these. Mine have been fine for 5 years now (my God has it been that long!)
Wow, Monsieur Rich. How the hell are you? Smile
I thought mine were a bad batch, but still, it should never have happened anyway. Despite that, the other people I had met over the weekend have bought theirs at different times pretty much saying it cant be a "Bad Batch". 4 Years, 1 year, 3 Months, 3 weeks!!!! Not exactly a consistant thing going on there. So old or new.....they are all just as bad by the looks of things.

Do you get any twangy noises Rich?
This is scary... did it happen while u are driving or something!?
they went bang on him just as he was pulling onto the car park i think :roll:
Pages: 1 2 3 4