The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Evesham Festival - 22-23 August 2009
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear All,

this original event has now been rescheduled - please find a copy of an email from the organiser
below - please feel free to forward this to any other car clubs who you think may be interested
in coming along to this very chilled out and totally free weekend in the beautiful Worcestershire
town of Evesham Smile

Hi Folks,

Thank you to all of the brave souls who came to Evesham in spite of the weather. I hope the awnings, tents and clothes are now drying. It really turned out to be very wet with some caravans having their own moats by Sunday morning. One by one the other parts of the programme were cancelled but the shopping and pubs with some excellent food kept a lot of people happy. The children seemed not to care about the rain and just enjoyed playing and getting thoroughly wet. Lets hope for a dryer re run of the event.

The event will be re run with the main day being Saturday 22nd August when we will welcome the balloons to give flying demonstrations from the meadow in the afternoon and the famous night glow in the evening followed no doubt by the fireworks.

The vehicles have been invited and will be able to camp again from the afternoon of Friday 21st August to Sunday 23rd August. This will enable you to have an early start to Saturday's display and stay for the night glow. Once again it is free of charge.

I also wish to thank all of you who have sent emails over the weekend and today. They really were appreciated. Your kind words make it all seem worth while.

Please pass on the new details to anyone who you know that might be interested in attending the event as we don't really have much time if any to advertise the re arranged event.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the August event as it should make up for this last weekend.

Regards,
David

Ideally, can anyone wanting to go put their names down on here prior to 14 August, so that I can tell David how much space to give us.

Regards,

Claire
ok - confirmed so far:

Me & Flopsy
Phill & Sorbet
Rich & Axi

Poss: Ben & BLM2Y
Claire Usher Wrote:ok - confirmed so far:

Me & Flopsy
Phill & Sorbet
Rich & AXi

Poss: Ben & BLM2Y

Malc & Gaye with 'DEL31L' also now confirmed for this.

Dan Howarth and 'Eleanor' also a possible I think.

Anybody else?
Just to give you an idea of what to expect at Evesham, here are some pics of the balloon
festival and night glow and other stuff from 2007, to give you a taster of what to expect.

[Image: CNV00012.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0124-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0143-1.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0155.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0171.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0148.jpg]

[Image: DSCF0141.jpg]

[Image: CNV00010.jpg]

[Image: CNV00014.jpg]
It's no maybe...... i'll be attending with my car, and probably bring my mate Martyn with me........

Booked the saturday off work ready

See you all there.....

Ben
great news Ben, look forward to seeing you there. I take it thats not Martyn in your avatar :lol:
Think you'd be worried if it was.... I must change that, she's history!........ LOL

Ben
TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Think you'd be worried if it was.... I must change that, she's history!........ LOL

Ben

haha - you're right, I would be worried mate!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Look forward to seeing you again in a few weeks Big Grin
Bump :wink:
We're getting close! Could well be the MrP event of the year...... I need one thing and one thing only.....

K CIDER BABY!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ben
can you still buy K Cider? I can remember drinking that in the pub mixed with Holsten Pils
in the early 90's (well I can sorta remember!! lol)

Wasnt it about 8% or summat daft?

Seeya in 3 weeks! Big Grin
Just a quick note for those going Friday afternoon (we'll be there Friday evening as
travelling down after work), we are being parked next to the Vauxhall Opel Drivers Club
(Phill, Rich and myself are members of that club too), so if no one is about to show you
where to park, just head for the VODC encampment, as David has made space for us next
to them.

Cheers,
If all goes to plan, I'll be doing this show too.
Please put my name down for this one Claire.
See y'all there Big Grin
Stu
No probs Stu, look forward to seeing you there - which car are you bringing? Smile
*** UPDATE ***

As you will know, we are parking next to our good friends in the VODC (all a bunch of
nutters, so we'll be in good company Big Grin ) - we are currently custodian of their 'trailer
barbeque', and will be towing it to Evesham (Phill's taking his Avantime as Sorbet is at
PJ Grady).

So peeps, if you want to join in the Saturday night cook up, just bring what grub you
want and it will be freshly incinerated to your liking Big Grin

See you there next week! Big Grin
Pages: 1 2