The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 2009 AGM and car show at Coventry Transport Museum 20th Sept
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
To try and make the annual AGM a bit more ‘user friendly’ it has been decided that this year we will hold the AGM at the Coventry Transport Museum; http://www.transport-museum.com/ Tel; 024 7623 4270. This will be on the 20th September 2009, at the same time as holding a friendly informal DeLorean car meet.

The museum is free to enter and we have arranged to hire a meeting room for our AGM in the afternoon between 3 and 5pm within the transport museum. We also have exclusive use of Millennium Place, the public events arena directly in front of the museum for display of owner’s cars that decide to attend. There is no public parking at the museum, however there are plenty of public car parks in the area. Again I would stress that entry to the museum is free of charge.

Whilst I appreciate that the AGM has been brought forward by 6 weeks, we feel that combining a car show with a free to enter museum in the centre of the country is a good compromise. Enabling us to show our cars off, have a good day out at the museum and getting the AGM out of the way rather than trying to fit it in at the main NEC show, which is very expensive to attend.

Clearly this will not suit everybody, however, we feel that this is the best compromise. If you would like to attend in your DeLorean for display (and free parking) then you will need to bring an oil spill mat or something similar to lay on the ground underneath your engine to catch any drops of oil that may leak, the museum are very insistent on this! Please also can you let me know if you are attending in your car so I have an idea of the number of cars attending?

Chris
Chris, Phill and I will be there (all being well), and for obvious reasons, we will only be in
one DeLorean - I doubt I'll be able to fit behind the steering wheel as I'll be 37 weeks then! lol

Thank you for organising this, and I hope that it will be well supported. Coventry museum
is fascinating, and has some great exhibits including Thrust II and Thrust SSC, Lady Diana's
Metro and a DeLorean (ex Saudi car?) Big Grin I went there 18mths ago with the Vauxhall Club
and we had a brilliant day out.

Cheers,
This will be the first AGM I'll have missed for many years... but I intend to be in Vegas Big Grin Big Grin

With this much notice, are we going to try for some sort of postal/proxy vote on any issues/re-election choices?

Most of the majority decisions have made sense to me over the years, but I would like to vote my support for the current team.

John C
I'll have to miss it because of vegas too. I booked it yesterday Big Grin
i be there

bozzzydmc

Yes I will make it too...
cool mike you come back to mine for some tea if you want Big Grin Big Grin

bozzzydmc

Thats good of you ...yes nice idea...

A Van

Quote:DeLorean (ex Saudi car?)

Belongs to Tony Catlin - Vin 11747 reimported from Kuwait via air. early 90's.

Al
bozzzydmc Wrote:Yes I will make it too...
Mike, is that with your DeLorean?

bozzzydmc

ATM im not really sure Chris as I may need to get off quickly after the AGM .

Will be sure to let you know nearer the time

Mike
Great that this is getting good support so early on Smile

John, I would have thought that there will be postal voting again this year for
those that cannot make it due to other commitments.

Have a great time in Vegas - I cant go now for obvious reasons :wink:
A Van Wrote:
Quote:DeLorean (ex Saudi car?)

Belongs to Tony Catlin - Vin 11747 reimported from Kuwait via air. early 90's.

Al

ah, another one of the Middle East cars Smile You've been researching these IIRC?

A Van

Quote:ah, another one of the Middle East cars You've been researching these IIRC

Yes I have been, in fact I have just recieved pictures of Vin 11746 which now resides in Scotland, it was again reimported from Kuwait in early 90's.

It was painted British Racing Green, now painted silver but has a RED interior, with a upmarket stereo (for the time), its hardly been driven, the story goes that the car was trimmed at the factory for an Arab Sheikh special order.

I'll try and get the pics scanned in asap, the plan was for the article to be written by now, but you know how these things go.
Fab, sounds really interesting - and the pics will look great in the mag too Smile

Oops, we're going OT again!! lol :lol:
Pages: 1 2 3