The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Wanted Window switches and Heated Glass switch and Blank
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I am in the process of sorting out my center console and sorting the switches out so they don't wobble about and found that the clips are broken on my window switches, so I'm after a pair of these either working or broken ones I can make a good one out of with mine.

I also need a heated rear screen switch as mine is in bits!

I also need a blank for the spare hole.

Cheers, Dan
i have a blank if you want it dan TT
Cheers Tony your a star Big Grin I'll send you a message to sort it out. Cheers.

I'm just trying to rebuild my demister switch but the little spring is a bugger to get in!
I've just fixed the demister switch! They are fiddly buggers but I've got the hang of it now.

So its just a pair of window switches I'm after, doesn't matter if they are broken as mine work I can put the guts of mine into a good switch housing as its just the clips gone on mine.
well if its any consolation iv never had to use mine TT
It's not just the clips that cause these to pop out and wob ble around.

The centre console is too low to the fibreglass body tub.

The connectors on the back of the switches are jammed tight against the fibreglass and tend to force out the switches.

The cure.....well I've not worked that one out yet :roll:

A Van

Agreed Rich, but they had some knack of fitting them like that in the first place...its only when you take out and refit you get a problem...!
I thought they looked a bit close, and the cardboard type material that the central piece mounts too is very week too and tends to bend down when you lean on the armrest. I am going to strengthen mine with metal and shim the armrest piece up a few mm higher to solve this. It will hardly show and should solve the issue. Pics to follow in a few days.