The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Chemicals for removing fusion bonded epoxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since the epoxy removal process is such an expensive one I am looking into the possibility of a brush on chemical with sufficient dwell time working. With this in mind I am waiting on samples of a few Industrial strength brands that boast the capability of removing fusion bonded epoxy from steel. I'll let you know how I get on.
It might work mate, but you won't be able to get inside some of the chassis sections with brush on stuff.
might be just as quick to get a blow torch (might need a friend) on it and burn it off. it just scrapes of with a little heat Smile
Just get it burned off at pro strip in nottingham, cheap and brilliant job, they even blast it aswell to get any rust off, superb honestly.
Just asked you about the location on your other post. As I also asked there how much was it? Priced shipping the frame to them from here in Belfast. £120 each way but looks like the best option at the minute