The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: 82 exhaust and cat bypass pipe for sale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

A Van

Hi

I have an 82 exhaust (with tips) and a cat by pass pipe if anyone is interested?

Al
Does this mean your new system is on then Al? Did it fit ok? No problems with it hitting the frame?

A Van

It isnt quite on yet!, but the old one is off!

Does yours hit the frame?, I know they seem to be mighty close.

Al
Mine clears the frame enough luckily.
Mine has got about 3/4mm of clearance on the driver's side. Over the weekend it's picked up a bit of a mark where it's touched - but it's only does it when you start her up, the rest of the time the torque spins it away from the frame rather than towards, which is fortunate. Just about OK I reckon!
how much matey ?

mike

A Van

Hi Mike

It might have gone, but feel free to PM me an offer.

Sensible one that is!

Al
I have an 81 exhaust with the CAT bypass pipe, I guess they'll be a few of these for sale now, what with so many people buying the SS exhaust.

p.s. my exhaust misses the frame by at least 3cm on both sides

bozzzydmc

JamesRGUK Wrote:I have an 81 exhaust with the CAT bypass pipe, I guess they'll be a few of these for sale now, what with so many people buying the SS exhaust.

Was just going to post mine is the same ... seems odd some are nearer than others...

NickT

bozzzydmc Wrote:
JamesRGUK Wrote:I have an 81 exhaust with the CAT bypass pipe, I guess they'll be a few of these for sale now, what with so many people buying the SS exhaust.

Was just going to post mine is the same ... seems odd some are nearer than others...

Wonky engine mounts maybe??

NickT
Mine has brand new mounts and its still quite close. Not as close as Gez's though!
Maybe the cars are consistent and it is the exhaust parts that aren't consistent in their dimensions? :?
That's what Chris N and I think - you can see the angle the pipe is welded at being different on each side of the back box on mine - that's why one comes so close to the frame. It only touches on startup though, the rest of the time it's clear (just about!).
If it rubs/hits on every turn of the key surely it'll wear through the epoxy over time through to the metal?

NickT

Send them all back if they aren't consistent.

NickT
Pages: 1 2