The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: VIN 10264 - UOA 596Y
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So after many years of saving today i managed to go and finalise the purchase of my dream car Smile Been quite an eventful day really, lots to tell, maybe ill make a long post tommorow, maybe ill write something for the club mag, who knows.

So anyway i was aiming to stop off somewhere nice and take some pictures but the good olde british weather said nooo. So instead ive got some really not so good ones of it on my driveway. Im hoping it will get abit nicer for the weekend so i can go take some nice snaps but for now you will haveto live with these.

I found a few little issues while driving home, mainly my radio sounds like its not connected up to an aerial, infact i cant see one where its supposed to be! The round circular thing above the gearstick, it turns - but what does it turn? And i cant find a fog light to save me life, good job it wasnt foggy. When theres a nice weekend im going to go over it all and see what i need to do etc.

anyways pictures...

Focus issue..
[Image: n574071188_2696507_518136.jpg]

oooo
[Image: n574071188_2696508_2866759.jpg]

ooo from the side-ish
[Image: n574071188_2696509_7464067.jpg]

ooo from the other side-ish
[Image: n574071188_2696510_3196283.jpg]

From the rear
[Image: n574071188_2696511_2890185.jpg]

Cockpit
[Image: n574071188_2696550_1667582.jpg]

ooo a shiney red thing in the back...
[Image: n574071188_2696815_4743420.jpg]

100 miles from a full tank.. thats how much is left, running good?
[Image: n574071188_2696816_3454626.jpg]

Some odd-ball
[Image: n574071188_2696817_1033694.jpg]
Well i have to say i wish i had your car ! mines been nothing but trouble lately! the dial on the centre console is the rheostat, i believe that control the dashboard dial lights, mine doesnt do anything either but the dash lights dont work without is being plugged in !
Glad you finally got your dream though!! :lol:

mike
Awesome work mate Big Grin Absolutely immaculate example! Money well spent for sure! I'll have to pop up one weekend and we'll have to make a video or something hehe! Chuffed for you mate, I can foresee myself having a long wait to get one for myself, not having a job atm and all lol!
Hi Mike

Great pictures. I'm so pleased for you. I know its been a long time
but your'e gonna have a great time now

Best Wishes

Brian
Congrats Mike! Looks ace!

Is the arieal mounted behind the rear quarter window in the vent? It took me a while to fathom mine. Keep us posted as you find things that appear to be very unusual - but you'll quickily be told are common as muck with this thing!

Cheers,
Well done Mike! I reckon you've bagged one of the finest DeLoreans in the UK there. Hats off to you Big Grin

Best wishes,

Phil

p.s. yes please a story for the club mag would be great :wink:
The DeLorean dash is not backlit, so next time it is dark twiddle the dark dial 'above the gear stick' as you put it and you should see the dash lights dim to an off position (quite cool on a unlit country road to have no glow from the dash).

The ariel on your car will be motorised in the rear near-side wing. If working correctly when the stereo is on it should go up automatically.

If your pride and joy isn't under cover (no garage/carport) I would strongly recommend investing in a car cover (not a cheap one, needs to be frost/strong sunlight proof) the black parts on the exterior will soon fade on the outside and the door rubbers etc will perish quicker too. Also, you'll soon fine out if the car leaks (check under the footwell carpets once the car has been sat in heavy rain. If the interior gets damp your headliners will sag etc. If you search the forum for discussions on car covers you'll find out more of what you need to know.

Congratulations on your choice. I bet you're glad the forum went down otherwise this car might have passed you by? :wink:

Is your plan to leave it completely original (no stereo upgrade/alarm etc)?
I'm actually keeping it garaged but the po threw in his car cover with the car and it seems to be a really high quality one so now I'm sorted for eurotec. I'm not 100% sure what I'll do with the car. If I can get the aerial sorted etc I think I'll keep the radio etc stock. The only things I'm thinking of working on/replacing would be tyres and the braking system.

Also how does the intermittent wipers work? On the way home sometimes I got them to come on and sometimes not.
Pull down on the stalk for around 2 seconds (or hold until a full wipe cycle has completed) to engage. To cancel I have found either flicking up to another setting for a moment and back down or the holding down for 2 seconds seems to work well for me.

You have done well to get a good cover thrown in too, they can be £150 to buy.

Aerials are around £15-30 I think but to keep it original you'll want it in black Big Grin I'm pretty sure all stock DeLoreans that had rear motorised antennas left the factory with black ones. Can anyone confirm if this is right?

You're wise to do the tyre's. Clutch master and slave cylinders are also wise to change. First thing to go on my car. It too was low miles (5880) but with heavy use some under used/original items quickly perish. Anything with a rubber seal in a mechanical setup seems to be pretty game for failure...

It is worth having AA/RAC road relay type cover so that if you are stuck at some point you can have the car taken to PJ's or whatever garage you trust for repairs. Great for peace of mind.
wow Mike, that car looks as fab as I remember.

I've not been on Facebook for a few days, so let me know if you want me to sort those tyres
out for you.

Congrats again mate, Phill and I know how hard you've saved for your car and what you've
sacrificed to get it, so well done - now get out there and Live the Dream!!! Big Grin
Thanks, just waitying for nice sunny weekends nowSmile As for the tyres i noticed it comes out at the same price by using blackcircles and getting them fitted nearby, plus i need to wait for payday first.
Well done Mike, it looks a beauty...... nice combination of trim too (83', Grey Manual Big Grin )

Look after it with your life now, and take care on the motorway!

Ben
YES!

awesome Mike. well done. looks nice and neat.

happy drivin'!

bozzzydmc

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Look after it with your life now, and take care on the motorway!

Ben

Thats a very good point Ben... people do like sitting in your blindspot on your right hand side.trying to take dodgy camera phone pics .. thats the reason why I got a set of these mirrors...

http://www.multivexmirror.net

bozzzydmc

TheOriginalMrP Wrote:Look after it with your life now, and take care on the motorway!

Ben

Thats a very good point Ben... people do like sitting in your blindspot on your right hand side.trying to take dodgy camera phone pics .. thats the reason why I got a set of these mirrors...

http://www.multivexmirror.net
Pages: 1 2