The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: NTH347X restoration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all - here goes again !! damn internet providers a !

As you all know i purchased Allans AKA Dodgey motors car at the end of last year, and those of you that have seen it in the flesh will know the interior was some what well Bright for one of a better word!
Well some progress has been made since and below are the before and after pics, please bear in mind that i have had an extremly tight budget and all the parts in the car are all 2nd hand or redone by myself so no-one turn their noses up! :wink: ive done the best i can for now at least - im going to have a custom retrim eventually but thats gona take alot of saving ! :?
before the viewing begins though a big thanks to everyone who helped me with some of the parts for the car and of course good old ebay!

Enjoy ...

[Image: VARIOUS005.jpg]

old interior

[Image: VARIOUS017.jpg]

old dash

[Image: VARIOUS008.jpg]

old boot area

[Image: VARIOUS004.jpg]

old speaker box

[Image: delorean038.jpg]

new interior, you will notice that i still have the blue passenger knee pad in at the mo but have no fear a new one is on the way from the states !

[Image: delorean039.jpg]

[Image: delorean040.jpg]

[Image: delorean044.jpg]

new boot area with twin amps!

[Image: delorean045.jpg]

[Image: delorean043.jpg]

new speaker box

[Image: delorean051.jpg]

flux capicitor

[Image: delorean048.jpg]

footwell speakers

[Image: delorean050.jpg]

1/4 panel trims - they were blue so this is my attempt at recovering them with matching cloth as the speaker box

[Image: delorean054.jpg]

and finally a great shot of the BTTF D in action !

mike
I just noticed your hazards lights switch is upside down :wink:
ha ha

thats the least of my worries ! i gota try and get it through an MOT ! it ran out on the 12 feb ! Shock

mike
Hi All
Well my new passenger side knee pad and glove box have finally turned up and the last piece of that gastly blue trim has been banished from my car FOREVER!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA thank god for that !!!
pics before and after are below :wink:
mike

[Image: interior002.jpg]

[Image: interior004.jpg]

[Image: interior007.jpg]

[Image: interior009.jpg]
That looks much better, just get the dash repaired now and it will be perfect Big Grin Any update on the running issues?

A Van

Your doing a good job on that Matthew, I thought it looked much better at Caley Hall couple of weeks ago.
whos matthew ?! lol :lol:
as for the running issues, i havnt had a chance to look at it yet, last nite was the first time ive worked on it since caley hall, i did take it out last weekend and stoped and started it a few times and it was perfect weird a !

MIKE!

A Van

Quote:whos matthew ?! lol

Good point!, dont know where that came from.!

I am dosed up on painkillers galore from having my tonsils out so I'll blame it on that Mike!
ha ha lol
no worries matey hope you feel better soon mate
I just noticed your glovebox innards are broken around the edge. Darren C repaired his and can probably give some good tips on fixing that.