The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Bishop Calway - best quote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
jerzybondov Wrote:Darren's getting his super cheap because (a) he's old

Haha!! I'm sure he will appreciate that :wink:
Well, these things are all relative. But perhaps I should have said older Big Grin
You Cheeky Gits!

The cars old it's me that's cheap :lol:

Jokes aside, it's because of a multi car policy, 5 club membership discounts, Advanced Driving Test, MOD & Diplomatic Driving Licence, aged over 40 and 8 years with Richard Hoskins.

Regards
D
I always found that the only insurance companies that would give me IAM discount were
the ones that were mega expensive to start with Sad

Ah well, we've just renewed our Trade & Modern Classics policy with AON, it stayed the same
at £1300 with the De's valued at £18k each, plus £5m PLI included.

Not bad really, considering we've got 11 cars........ Shock
jerzybondov Wrote:£210's not bad Carl - most of my quotes were £300+, I only had a couple I think around £200 or less, and I'm paying £195 now. Darren's getting his super cheap because (a) he's old, (b) he's got about 8 cars insured with the same company and © they're kept in Fort Knox.

Is Alex insured on your D? Makes no difference on some policies but I couldn't take the cheapest one I was offered because they wouldn't insure the gf...

Have you had a quote from Bishop Calway who I'm insured with?

Hey mate,

Yeah perhaps I am being a bit ungrateful there, it actually sounds like a fairly reasonable quote when compared against other insurers. Yes Alex is already on the insurance (not that she'll ever drive it of course! :wink: ) was thinking of getting my Dad on there too as he's all old and stuff! :lol:

All, might help to get the price down a bit! Big Grin

Will check out Bishop Calway too, can't harm to give them a try!

Cheers

Best regards

Carl
Mr Hammond!! Exactly why wont you let your good lady drive your De? Tongue
I'm joking Claire! Of course I'll let her drive it... ON AN AIRFIELD!!! :lol:

Seriously, you haven't seen the state of our poor little Corsa! Not a week goes by it seems without Alex leaving her mark! If that wasn't bad enough, sometimes she doesn't even tell me, just waits for me to discover her latest scrape! Not difficult when you find your wing mirror hanging off! :roll:

It shudders me to think what she would do to poor Lily! Shock

I rest my case... Tongue
aw bless!! Anyway, what else are Corsa's for but for playing dodgems!! lol

I know it took me a while to get used to driving Flopsy, but she'll soon get the hang of it -
I'll let Alex have a go in my car next year then at the DOC 2010 event if we book that
disused airfield :wink:
Well a rather eventful year has passed and it's time to renew my insurance again.

Bishop Calway's renewal amount was £227 including breakdown cover so I called a couple of the other competitive companies from last time - Hagerty quoted £205 incl. breakdown and a named driver (more than last year but still the cheapest) and Richard Hoskins for some strange reason refused to quote. So I've defected to Hagerty - same underwriter (Allianz) but cheaper, don't know why!

One other good thing about the Hagerty policy is that they cover you for track days at £20 / pop, and that's something I'd like to do at some point this year Big Grin
I swapped to Haggerty last year, about £100, then I added another classic on for peanuts......£20 I think. I find them most helpfull.
Ive just sorted the insurance on the Delorean.
Hagerty will only insure drivers over 30 now, Im 27 so could not get a quote.

I have gone with Bishop Calway, their quote was £162 plus an extra £35 for breakdown cover. Very good price, and even has an aggreed valuation, my renewal from Footman james was £330.
thats an excellent price Phil - I know Mike H is trying to sort out his renewal on his De, so
hopefully he'll see this and give them a call Smile
What were the comparisons to Aon like ?

My insurance is due next month.....

John C
Pages: 1 2 3