The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: need keys cut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all, i have decided to finaly get some spare keys cut. I have 2 to do but need to know what type they are.
I think the doors are metro/montego poss,but the ignition i have no idea fanks TT
Tony,

Doors should be standard Z-Lock from Most of the BL/Rover days and the Ignition should be Rover SD1/Landrover, well as far as I can remember Mr Green

Dan
I didn't realise the locks were different? My DMC keys fit the doors and the ignition :|
Dan1986 Wrote:I didn't realise the locks were different? My DMC keys fit the doors and the ignition :|

I think it was just the early ones up to VIN??? that had a different door key to ignition key then the two became one Shock
These are the ones with an illuminated door key which go for silly money when they appear
Chris
Chris Williams Wrote:I think it was just the early ones up to VIN??? that had a different door key to ignition key then the two became one Shock

Cars up to VIN# 4199 had a two key system with large black door locks.

Cars from VIN# 4200 had the one key system with the smaller door locks.

Cheers,

Phil
thanks you lot i can get them cut now TT
Phil Peters Wrote:
Chris Williams Wrote:I think it was just the early ones up to VIN??? that had a different door key to ignition key then the two became one Shock

Cars up to VIN# 4199 had a two key system with large black door locks.

Cars from VIN# 4200 had the one key system with the smaller door locks.

Cheers,

Phil

really? I know RichH's car has the 2 key system, but Flopsy has only ever had 1 key system.

bozzzydmc

#2001 is a two key car... with black external locks.

Are you locks black Claire ?
Claire Usher Wrote:Flopsy has only ever had 1 key system.

Hmmm, that's interesting.

Here's VIN# 2325 (or is it #2969? I can't work it out from the description on the club site!). Either way, it's fairly soon after Flopsy in terms of it's production chronology and VIN # but still has the big black door locks, indicating a two key system.

[Image: KMCDelorean.jpg]

VIN# 12173 has these early locks too and upon removing the interior door trims I found that its doors were assembled in August '81, so they must have been fitted to the car at a later stage or, as one newspaper article claims, shipped over to Wooler-Hodec separately.

There are always one or two exceptions to the rule with DeLoreans it seems! :lol: :wink:
bozzzydmc Wrote:#2001 is a two key car... with black external locks.

Are you locks black Claire ?

you got me thinking now, I'm not in the car today so will check tonight.

I'll also check the early pics of the car that I've got, as the door was changed for one that

I bought off of Dave Howarth - the original door is still in my garden btw!! :lol: