The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: I found a cool DeLorean custom plate!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Its avalable in on the DVLA site for £500.

http://www.dvlaregistrations.co.uk/home ... an&x=0&y=0 <-the one at the top is the best

Thought I would let ya know in case anyone is looking for a custom plate!
Unfortunately you won't be able to put those on a DeLorean as it would make the car look newer than it is which you can't do.

This is mine

[Image: 1982D002.jpg]
Damn!

Your one is cool! How come on the DVLA site there are only 2 formats on number plates and yours is neither of them? How do you get a custom plate like that?
Robins Delorean is also one of the nicest i have seen to be honest. Big Grin Its just mint Big Grin
MikeH Wrote:Robins Delorean is also one of the nicest i have seen to be honest. Big Grin Its just mint Big Grin

Yup, it looks really nice.
Pre 1963 plates didn't have a letter at the start or end and went through a number of formats before the suffix came in

For example, prior to 63 the layout could be AAA111 AAA11 AAA1 AA1111 AA111 AA11 AA1 A1111 A111 A11 A1 and the reverse (IE numbers first) of all of those combinations.
Ahhh OK.

I saw a comletley different one somewhere on here, it had the text FAILURE on it but I think the U was two ones... How do you get one of them?
They are sold by people like www.newreg.co.uk or www.regtransfers.co.uk and also the DVLA have auctions every couple of months with plates that haven't been previously issued www.dvlaauctions.co.uk
Cool, thanks.
MY PLATE IS F411URE ITS NOT BAD IT WAS CHEAP GOT IT AROUND TEN YEARS AGO.
Cool, I hope I can get a cool custom plate for a decent price when I get my D!
What, like mine?

I think the novelty of you owning a DeLorean will expire by the time you reach age kid.

So many things change, and where as the population of classic cars is becoming less and less, I wouldn't be surprised if the government puts a 10 year age limit on cars, then take their cut through the initial new price of the car, instead of the fuel and taxation route.
Yeah, yours is cool.

I really hope that stuff you said wont come true, I will go mad if the government goes and does that! Why would they anyway? Why would they care who buys classic cars?

How many young drivers buy classic cars anyway? Almost none. If they were gonna do something like that, they would put a tax on used cars, but that would be stupid too as forcing all new drivers to buy new cars is just stupid, and they already tax almost everything, petrol, car tax etc. there would simply be no point.
the government is going to head that direction unfortunatly, its called sustainability, that means basicly that they sell the public crap, at premium prices and it has a life span of 12 years then you buy another, the kiss of death for younger drivers owning classic cars is 0% finance (ohh lovely black Clio :? ) and cheaply manufactured parts. Kinda like what JZD was rebelling about when he left GM....in europe vw,audi,skoda,seat...how much do you want to pay for your badge sir? Octavia,leon.jetta A4???
the can bus and wiring loom shortens the life of a car, not the engine ,transmission or build quality nowadays.
In terms of the bogey man called Emmissions is a complete farse, and only works in clinical conditions, a simple head wind can turn a Pruis into a 7 tonne truck in terms of Co2 count, the best way to lower your "carbon foot print is to buy a car then run it to death. Younger Drivers unfortunatly have been conditioned to think that they must buy a new car. and think a Fiesta Zetec is the best car in the world (sometimes based on what Clarkson says!!!.)
blah, blah blah :lol:
BELFAST BOY #1458 Wrote:the government is going to head that direction unfortunatly, its called sustainability, that means basicly that they sell the public crap, at premium prices and it has a life span of 12 years then you buy another, the kiss of death for younger drivers owning classic cars is 0% finance (ohh lovely black Clio :? ) and cheaply manufactured parts. Kinda like what JZD was rebelling about when he left GM....in europe vw,audi,skoda,seat...how much do you want to pay for your badge sir? Octavia,leon.jetta A4???
the can bus and wiring loom shortens the life of a car, not the engine ,transmission or build quality nowadays.
In terms of the bogey man called Emmissions is a complete farse, and only works in clinical conditions, a simple head wind can turn a Pruis into a 7 tonne truck in terms of Co2 count, the best way to lower your "carbon foot print is to buy a car then run it to death. Younger Drivers unfortunatly have been conditioned to think that they must buy a new car. and think a Fiesta Zetec is the best car in the world (sometimes based on what Clarkson says!!!.)
blah, blah blah :lol:

a good point, well made, if I may say so! Smile
Pages: 1 2 3