The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Squeaky brakes at high speeds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Subject says it all - I have a very high pitched sqeuak coming fom (I think ) the front brakes at high speeds. Any ideas ayone? Dabbing at the brakes seems tocure it for a few seconds - And it's not like the loud squeal when drawing up to a halt. They're new Ferodo pads with the rubbery backing on them too...

This, the pads clattering in the callipers, and the chugging from the aircon compressor all add up to make it sound like a bag of spanners at the monet!

bozzzydmc

Ive had problems with rubbery backed pads in the past on other cars , after a while the piston seems to dig into it, so when they came on the back of the pads i got for the the D .. i actually pulled that off and put back the old anti-squeel shims with copper grease on the shims face , dont seem to have a problem with those.

Ive seen some D's with springs along the pads retaining pins these act to pull the pads away from the disc.

Give everything a good blast with brake cleaner.

Are your pins nice and clean to allow the pads to move away from the disc? You could try spraying the caliper piston seal with silicone lubricant as well in case the seals are getting a little hard.
smear some copper slip on the back of the pads TT
Thanks folks - nice little job for Eurotech methinks...