The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Removal of DeLorean Hood 'X'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a bet with Chris Nicholson about whether it was possible to remove an "X" from a hood...

http://www.pjgrady.co.uk//GenericConten ... ood_X.html

He won the bet convincingly.... Sad

Darren
Wow thats amasing Big Grin

On the subject of pilot 20, did you ever find the right steering wheel for it?
Not yet....still looking....reward still on the table.....
That is amazing!! Is there no end to Chris's talents? Big Grin

Still reckon that steering wheel is off a Peugeot........ :wink:
Ok, what's the cost on doing that guys? Smile

Mine isn't as bad as some, but would be nice to get it sorted.....
Thanks guys - anyone locating the correct steering wheel will be a few £££ richer! I've had little joy.

Ben - this repair isn't something that Chris has done very often - and this particular hood was repaired because it had different pleats, so he wanted to save it. If you're coming to Eurotec in June, Chris and I will be there, and we can take a look and talk about it then....preferably with a few cold beers.

All the best...

Darren
PJ Grady (Europe) Wrote:Thanks guys - anyone locating the correct steering wheel will be a few £££ richer! I've had little joy.

Ben - this repair isn't something that Chris has done very often - and this particular hood was repaired because it had different pleats, so he wanted to save it. If you're coming to Eurotec in June, Chris and I will be there, and we can take a look and talk about it then....preferably with a few cold beers.

All the best...

Darren

I found a bundle of my dads old car magazines covering most of the 70's and I'm slowley browsing through them, i've seen many similar ones, but not 100%.

I'll keep looking, it's quite interesting reading the old magazines and comparing prices etc...

James
Amazing stuff guy's, you truly have a gift!

I've noticed the X in the hood just the once on my car, but it was on a particularly cold and frosty morning last year.

I'm guessing it is quite normal for it to show up in certain conditions?

I have to say I did quite like it at the time... Tongue

Best regards

Carl