The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum

Full Version: Door Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I purchased my Delorean at the start of last year, and as the door lighting would run down the battery, i disconnected the wires from the switches.

I have since replaced the bulbs with leds, but no matter how i connect the wires back to the switches the lights wont work. I have checked the fuse which is fine and tried various ways of connecting the wires back to the switches to no success.

What am i doing wrong?

Can someone also please be kind enough to look at their Delorean, and confirm which wires go where. 4 on driver door and 2 on passenger door.

Thank you.

bozzzydmc

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum Smile

Have you checked you have voltage at your bulb 'sockets' with a multimeter matey?

There are two switches on the drivers side make sure the other switch is connected or the wires are not crossed between them both

NickT

The LED's only work one way round so try rotating them round too.

Check you get 12v across the pins as Mikey boy said.

NickT.
Ok will change around bulbs and check i have voltage.

What about the wires though, which ones, going by the colours, connect to which switches.

Thanks
I -think- Paul bought our LED's in which case they're rectified and can be plugged in either way around.
Not sure if i bought these from you Martin, but i cant believe it, i had every bulb in the wrong way round...whats the chances of that...all sorted now, thanks guys.

NickT

Paul McKay Wrote:Not sure if i bought these from you Martin, but i cant believe it, i had every bulb in the wrong way round...whats the chances of that...all sorted now, thanks guys.

That must be a first ! 8)